10 Signs You’ve Met Your College BFF

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

You probably don’t remember how you met or who asked who for their phone number, but what you do remember is that they are the most wonderful person in your life. Does this sound like you and your BFF?

1.You do everything together. Whether it’s grocery shopping, getting lunch, napping, or even going to the bathroom at parties, it’s always together.

2.But whenever you go somewhere without them, you get constant questions about where they are. You can’t blame them. You’re practically attached at the hip.

3.They won’t judge you for your habits. Especially your terrible weekend eating habits because, I mean, guess who ate the other half of that pizza at 2am…

4.A nice photo is a rare occasion. You’re trying to take a nice photo for Instagram so you can make her your #WCW but one of you always winds up messing up the picture with a stupid face or a weird gesture. That’s the meaning of true friendship.

5.You send her the UGLIEST Snapchats you possibly can… and she screenshots them. “I wonder how many chins I can make myself have in this photo… this is funny let me send this to ___.” You know she’ll screenshot it and you don’t care because you know she’d never use it against you. (And if she did you have an arsenal of her ugly photos at your disposal).

6.You realize you don’t have to go out to have fun because a night in together is just as fun. What’s more fun than ordering a pizza and lying on the couch all night with your BFF?  Absolutely nothing.

7.Everyone thinks you’re dating. Strangers, acquaintances, and even family members just assume that you’re dating. You can’t go out anywhere together without assuming you two are more than platonic friends. Can you blame them?

8.Their hobbies become your hobbies and yours become theirs. You guys do everything together, so obviously what’s important to her becomes important to you even if it is something you never thought you’d be into.

9.You can tell her anything. Whether it’s about flunking a midterm or you’re upset about the same stupid guy, you know she’ll always be there for you ready to tell you how great you and how much she loves you.

10.You know, at the end of the day, that she’ll stand by you through anything. This is the most important. Even if you fight and say things you don’t mean, like all friends do, you know that she will always be there for you and if you call her in the middle of the night she’ll be glad to come over. You know that when you’re at your lowest she will always be beside you until the end of time and that’s how you know you’ve found your true college BFF. 

Hello! My name is Laurie Toich and I am a senior at Rowan University. I am a Writing Arts major with specializations in Creative Writing and Technical/Professional Writing. In my spare time I like spending time with my friends, working out, and writing. In the future I hope to be a published novelist and poet. I believe that if you follow your passion it will never lead you astray!