10 Annoying Things Only Rowan University Students Understand

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rowan chapter.

There are so many reasons why we all love our school, Rowan University, but there are still some things that annoy us so much! Here are 10 annoying things only Rowan University students understand.

1.  As a freshman, it’s bad enough that every single meal has to be out of the meal plan, but we all remember how annoying it was to wait for a certain time for our cards to restart so we can purchase a meal again. We just want food!

2. Its always a bad hair day! The weather in Glassboro is so unpredictable that whenever we walk to our classes its either like walking through a wind tunnel or walking through a downpour. I swear each of us remember that time we have almost been blown over.

3. The Internet. While you are watching your favorite show on Netflix or trying to email your last minute essay to a professor, the internet always shuts down just at the perfect time! We complain and complain but Rowan’s infamous internet still won’t budge.

4. Finding out you are low on Boro bucks and dining dollars is the worst. Who remembers having a nice dinner out at Samurai Sushi or late night ordering from Pizza Hut and you have a low cash balance of $2.00? Scavenging for money last minute from your friends or parents is an ordeal that we all regret everytime.

5. Going to the gym and you are excited to hop on that elliptical realizing that every machine is in use. Being on a tight time schedule is one thing but then trying to get a quick workout and you are stuck having to do abs for 30 minutes is a killer!

6. The nightlife can be tricky at Rowan when you don’t have a ratio! Group trips to various houses with your girlfriends and guys then getting to the door and none of you are allowed in because the ratio of boys-girls are off! It is just so embarrassing and a waste of time.

7. Waiting up until 6 A.M to register for classes is the biggest pain! College students are already tired as it is and pulling an all nighter just to lock in your ideal schedule for the following semester is never fun.

8. Going to the Caf starved and leaving still with an empty stomach. How many times have we been to the Caf and had the choice of beans, stale bread and unappetizing looking miscellaneous meats. Result= just wasted a meal swipe!

9. Parking, everywhere! The amount of times people have gotten tickets for parking in non commuter lots. There is no where to park! Why should students walk to class in 10 degree weather when they have a car on campus. So frustrating!

10. Never seeing that cute person you had your eye on, but always seeing that one person you dont way to see around campus! The great thing about Rowan is that it is big enough to meet new people but small enough to see the same people. Sometimes it backfires when you just want to run into that cutie you spotted a few days ago, but cease to never see them  again:(