This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Roosevelt chapter.

General

Name: Janel Ami

Age: 21

Major: IMC (Integrated Marketing Communications)

Hometown: Schaumburg

Hobbies/interests: traveling and trying new foods and wine

School

Why did you choose your major?

I love how my major is so broad; having so many options in such an interesting and exciting field makes post graduation less intimidating. 

What are your plans after graduation? 

I would love to work in social media for a brand and company. Being connected is so important now in order to stay in touch. I think coming up with tweets or Instagram posts based on upcoming products or events with what’s going on in the real world is the coolest part.

Why did you chose RU?

I knew I wanted to be in the city for school and RU had the atmosphere I couldn’t find anywhere else. 

What is your favorite thing about Roosevelt?

I love the people I met here. I made really good friends who I’m lucky enough to have in most of my classes!

Any Campus Involement?

Not as involved as I’d like to be.

Social Causes

What social cause matters most to you? 

I have a strong passion for LGBT rights. Having a best friend who is gay and seeing what they have to fight for, which is just to love who they love, always made me realize how ignorant the world can be. I’ll support anyone in LGBT till I die.

Are you a feminists?

I strongly believe in equality for everyone.

What causes are important to you for the upcoming Presidential election?

I don’t believe anything can be so important as being able to have access to basic health care. Being able to get help whether you’re sick physically or mentally, it shouldn’t be hard or unaffordable. This should be more of a right then it “is”.

Style

How would you describe your personal style?

Preppy and comfortable.

What are your favorite stores and brands?

I love Zara, Old Navy and Express. I do though; buy most of my clothes online from all different kinds of sites.

What is your favorite item in your closet?

My favorite item is my oversize 2 XL Friends (the tv show) shirt. I wear it whenever I can; it is the most comfortable shirt I own. It also has a picture of all the cast members on it; to me it’s hilarious as well.

What do you think makes you stand out?

I can be a very shy person but my sense of humor has made it so easy to bond and connect with people on so many levels. To me, that’s what makes me stand out. I’m sarcastic all the time, and I use it as an advantage.