Profile: Aaron Valerio

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Roosevelt chapter.

Meet one of the shining stars of Roosevelt’s basketball team, Aaron Valerio! Aaron is a senior ot Roosevelt University, and studies at the Chicago Campus. He will be graduating this semester! So keep reading to learn a little more about him before he journeys off into the real world!

General Info

Name: Aaron Valerio

Age: 23

Major: Marketing

Hometown: Kettering, Ohio

Hobbies/interests: Basketball, Working out, Systematic Theology, Shoes, People

School

Why did you choose your major?

I enjoy communicating with people and marketing is universal in the professional world. Every profession incorporates an aspect of marketing within the business in order to create and cultivate consumers.

What are your plans after graduation?

I plan to continue working in the healthcare industry and get my masters degree in Healthcare Administration or Pastoral Ministries.

Why did you choose RU?

It chose me. I received an offer to play basketball for Roosevelt and I accepted the offer.

What is your favorite thing about Roosevelt?

The relationships that I have developed with my teammates and the location, downtown Chicago is the best college campus in the nation.

Any campus involvement?

Men’s Basketball team, Athletes in Action

What has been your favorite RU event?

My favorite event was two years ago when our school opened the Goodman Center and we sold out the gym. There were tons of people there and we won, which made it a memorable day for the team and the school.

Social Causes

What social cause matters most to you?

Mass Incarceration, Fatherless-ness

What causes are important to you for the upcoming Presidential election?

Abortion, Education, Religion

Style

How would you describe your personal style?

I would describe it as, athletic business casual. Those styles probably have never flowed together but I make it happen.

What are your favorite stores and brands?

I don’t go out and shop much at all, but as far as brands I have a lifelong contract with Nike and that’s about it. I’m not to big on brands either, if I like something I’ll wear it.

What’s your favorite item in your closet?

I semi-collect Jordans.. I don’t know if I have a favorite but its probably my OG Retro 1s.

What do you think makes you stand out?  

I don’t think I stand out. I’m a pretty basic person, low-key person. I have been told I am funny but who knows.