Waking up every morning to the same buzzing alarm sound while finding the strength to not throw it across the room is something we have all experienced. The same routine of making coffee, taking a shower and preparing for the day ahead can be frustrating. Pulling up to your job and saying “You can make it through today” is typically what most of us do to prep ourselves for the long day. Fantasizing about taking a long break and never returning is just one of the scenarios most people can only dream of doing. But what happens when you get fed up and walk in to work and say “this is it, I quit” and never look back. Do you have the courage to quit? Here are five outrageous ways people have quit their jobs.
- Television reporter Charlo Greene gave her resignation on a live TV Broadcast saying “f*ck it, I quit”. Greene decided to end her reporting career to fight for freedom and fairness in the legalization of marijuana. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBPsbgKeIFM
- While everyone has plans to indulge in Super Bowl snacks and beverages, Gwen Dean made plans that could change her life, Dean quit her job at GoDaddy during a live Super Bowl commercial. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf0vzLgF-OI
- Jet Blue Flight attendant Steve Slater had enough of 20 years of customer service after yelling at a plane full of passengers and crew. Slater grabbed a beer, rode down the evacuation chute to the tarmac and made his way home. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FynRYzioJHE
- This young woman went viral on the internet after quitting her job at Walmart on the intercom. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BMDZ5g1s64
- Enjoying a nice cup of coffee to start your day is much needed across the globe, this barista hired an acapella group to sing his resignation live on the Steve Harvey show. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqtaNPOitlw