Campus Celebrity: Sarah Lag

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Roosevelt chapter.

Campus Celebrity: Sarah Lag

Name: Sarah Lag
Age: 21
Major: Political Science with minor in Psychology
Hometown: Chicago
Favorite Color: Baby Blue
Are you a Feminist? Yes!

Why did you choose your major? I love politics and being informed about governments in my own country and others; I also wanted to find ways to become involved in politics to help gain equality for women in this country.

What are your plans after graduation? I would love to work for UN-Women

What makes you stand out? I am a really fun and happy person that does not like to take life too seriously and I think that can bring a calming presence to those around me!

How would you describe your personal style? Laid back and a little preppy! 

What are your favorite stores and brands? H&M and Ralph Lauren

What is you fashion advice to the readers? Wear whatever you love and makes you comfortable; it doesn’t matter if it is in-style or not, if you like it, go for it!

Generally, why did you come to RU? I first went to school at Webster University in St. Louis to play soccer my freshmen and sophomore year, after my sophomore year I decided the school was not the right fit for me and that I wanted to come back home to Chicago. I studied up on the political science program at RU and knew it was the place for me!

Describe Your Campus Involvement. I am a member and the philanthropy chair of Alpha Gamma Delta 

What is your favorite thing about Roosevelt? I love all the friends I have made through my sorority, they make me a better person and I know they will be my friends for the rest of my life. I also really like all of my professors and the learning environment. 

What has been your favorite RU Event? The Night on the Nile last fall was my favorite. I was able to eat amazing food and dance with all of my friends!

Celebrity Status

You’re our Campus Celebrity because of the upcoming event you’re planning. Tell us a little about your event.

Alpha Gamma Delta’s 2nd Annual Fundraising Gala. The theme this year is Night in the Roaring 20’s and it is a black tie event. It is November 13th from 7-10pm. The philanthropic focus of AGD is diabetes awareness and education and the proceeds of the event will go to the Alpha Gamma Delta Foundation which supports diabetes programs, scholarships, women’s leadership, emergency support for sisters in need and more. There will be: A Silent Auction, Raffle, and Food and Dancing throughout the night. It is a free event and all are welcome. 

(Funded by SAFAC and co-hosted by WRBC The Blaze) 

TBD