Campus Celebrity: Gabriel Evans

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Roosevelt chapter.

Say hello Roosevelt University’s celebrity of the week, Gabe Evans! This young vibrant man is a 20 year old junior at Roosevelt. Gabe is not only funny, and fashionable, but also extremely involved in his school community. He is a senator in the Student Government Association, and a member of the Criminal Justice Society. He is also the president of the Gospel choir, and an ambassador for the Black Student Union. Stay on the look out for this guy, because he is taking Roosevelt by storm! 

What are your favorite hobbies?

“I like hanging out with friends and exploring the city.  I also like to Netflix and chill, Hulu and chill, Amazon Prime and chill … any thing else besides homework.”

We picked you to be our campus celebrity not only because you are known to be such a positive, outgoing person but also because of your awesome style. What are some of your fashion inspirations?

“My fashion inspirations … honestly it comes from my older brothers, and then I just adjusted the style to fit me. I look around and just see different styles and just wear it. Honestly, know who you are and everything you own, whether it’s clothes, your social media outlets, or even the way you talk are just aspects of you, that you share with the world. Appearance is not everything … sometimes, but do take pride in what you wear, and how you present yourself. Sounds cliché, but my inspiration is what I see on the streets of Chicago.”

Do you have any fashion tips or tricks to share? 

“Shop within your means, don’t eat a week of Ramen just to afford a pair of shoes you barely wear.  Thrift stores is where everyone needs to go, just make sure you wash them twice before wearing it!” 

What are your plans for after graduation?

“I plan to travel a little bit before Law School. Law school will help me to obtain my degree then I’ll begin my practice as a prosecutor. I also plan to be a Judge for the Juvenile Court, and maybe get into politics … we’ll see.”

Why did you decide to attend Roosevelt?

“It is a modern school that encourages one to think outside of every institutional mindset that we have been cursed with, and come up with our own conclusions and solutions. The mission is exactly what the country needs, change. It’s in the heart of Chicago, and the building looks like water! Also Harold’s chicken is right up the street!”