This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rollins chapter.

Have you ever wanted to know what it feels like to wake up in a cloud? Try the brand Skims. Skims was an iconic label created in 2019 by Kim Kardashian herself and has evolved into a worldwide phenomenon and become a cult classic. She had designed a line of undergarments and cloud-like loungewear you can sleep in or even dress up if you want a stylish yet comfy look. Her brand is very inclusive of all sizes, fits, and unique colors and styles so that everyone can find something they love! Her line has expanded from shapewear and loungewear to bikinis and all types of clothing. The fabric is butter soft and is so flattering. 

My favorite pieces

My first purchase was the Fits Everybody Slip Dress in Onyx. I remember first seeing it on one of my friends and she looked stunning. She raved about the quality and how flattering the dress looked on everyone, so I knew I had to buy it. The fabric was the softest thing I have put on my body, I never wanted to take it off. I have been on the lookout for a place to get luxurious loungewear that is classy and flattering. The cost is expensive though, at $62 but let me tell you, I wear it everywhere. Whenever I’m going somewhere, I wear it as I’m doing my makeup and sometimes dress it up at night with heels, making it the perfect little black dress.

Another favorite purchase of mine is the Metallic Swim Dipped Tie Bottom and Triangle Top in Gold which are priced at $48 each. First, the color was the perfect shade of gold, which glows whenever I’m in the sun. If you want to feel like a goddess, I promise this will make you feel like one. It also came in a silver chrome color with a futuristic and edgy vibe to it. The quality and texture are exceptional and hug every curve. Her swimwear collection is also very eclectic ranging from bikinis to one-pieces to even swimwear accessories like gloves. 

My last favorite is the Fits Everybody Long Sleeve Crew Neck Bodysuit in Ultra Violet. The violet shade is a rich neon purple and has become a staple in my closet. This bodysuit, priced at $68, is made with the highest quality sheer and silky soft fabric while being layered, so it is not see-through! It is the softest and most comfortable bodysuit I have ever worn or will ever continue to wear. I love how Skims takes classic pieces but makes them even better. This bodysuit is a must for the fall season and is light enough to layer underneath thicker sweaters and jackets. I love wearing mine with a white miniskirt and some thigh high-boots.

Why should you invest $ into Skims?

They offer an unlimited source of classic styles like bodysuits and intimates that are well-designed for your body! They come in classic colors like nude colors, gray , and black while offering limited edition color drops each season. They have something for everyone. I would invest my money into these basics because of their high quality and long-lasting durability and design that make these pieces staple items in my closet forever!

Helmut Dungan

Rollins '23

Helmut is an international business major with an admiration of the fashion and beauty world. She is social chair of Kappa Delta and previously served as their PR relations assistant.