This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rollins chapter.

There’s a lot that goes into deciding where you belong after graduation, and it’ll probably end up being our parents’ place for at least a few weeks. It’s so much fun to live and work in a town that you’re head-over-heels in love with, especially if you don’t know anyone are embarking on a totally new adventure! The job market is tight right now and most of us will probably end up wherever we can land a job, but it’s important to have a vision to help you decide which companies or Masters programs you want to apply to! 

If you…

• Picture your perfect day off spent wandering museums and picnicking on the Capitol lawn
  • Like the feeling of being surrounded by history everywhere you turn
  • Want to ditch your car and ride a bike everywhere 
  • Want to work in politics, law, journalism or live reporting 
  • Are happy and thriving without a flourishing dating life (Washingtonians in their 20s are hyper-focused on the hustle and are notorious for prioritizing their careers over romance, so it’s perfect if you’re ready to “date yourself” and so some self-discovery!) 

The City for You: Washington D.C 

If you…

• Enjoy stimulating, philosophical conversations with strangers 
  • See yourself stomping through snow to cozy coffee shops and breweries 
  • Like the idea of weekending in hidden mountain towns and sleeping in the woods 
  • Are a science major or passionate about the environment 
  • Are interested in tech innovation and clean energy solutions 
  • Have a higher-end living budget (this is the most expensive city in the U.S) 
  • Do not have seasonal depression (I lived in Boulder for 6 months, and this is the one and only potential struggle I can think of for Floridians!) 

City for You: Boulder, Colorado

If you…

• Have a deep affinity for locally sourced IPAs and are willing to starting a love affair with deep fried balls of cheese 
  • Envision your Sunday Fundays touring waterfront breweries and bar hopping 
  • See yourself summer-ing in a cozy cabin along Lake Michigan  
  • Want to work in Sales, Marketing, or Brand Consulting (a lot of post-grads entering sales in this city land positions with major beer distributors like Miller Coors, and spend their time delivering stock to local bars! Now that sounds like a fun gig if I’ve ever heard of one…)  

The City for You: Milwaukee, Wisconsin 

If you… 

• Are not easily intimidated 
  • Like feeling like you’re in on one big inside secret with everyone around you
  • Like feeling like you’re the main character just to grab coffee at a Bodega 
  • Are goal-hungry and don’t compare yourself to others 
  • Are willing to pay higher rent for extremely tight spaces in a great location 
  • Are pursuing a career in finance, brokering, publishing, advertising, public relations or journalism.  

The City for You: New York, New York 

* Extra tip on this one: Carrie Bradshaw put a little too much hype on Manhattan- rent is cheaper in surrounding boroughs like Queens, and it’s a simple 15 minute subway ride to get to work. Plus, you’ll never run out of unique ethnic eateries and experiences in neighborhoods outside of the city. 

Meredith Klenkel is a Senior English major and the founder of Her Campus at Rollins. She aspires to write comedy for late night T.V one day and publish her own memoirs.