This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rollins chapter.

Although it may be a bit more difficult to get in the holiday spirit this year, I find that it’s the little things in life that deserve celebrating. Whether I’m pumpkin picking or binging scary movies from the comfort of my living room, I know I will certainly be making the most of autumn 2020 with these fresh fall picks! 

1) Long & Scott Farms Corn Maze

Head over to Mount Dora and get lost in Long & Scott Farms’ six acre corn maze. For only $15, you have access to the maze, hay rides, picnic area, games and more!

2) The Haunted Road

For fans of Halloween Horror nights grieving its cancellation, the Haunted Road in Orlando is a great alternative if you’re looking for a little adrenaline. The drive-thru Halloween event takes you through a horror story as you drive along a road filled with scary sights. 

3) Santa’s Farm: “A Lot of Pumpkins” Pumpkin Patch

Santa’s farm in Eustis, Florida celebrates more than just Christmas- their annual pumpkin patch is complete with hay rides and a petting zoo. The farm’s beautiful scenery is well worth the 45 minute drive from campus, not to mention it makes the perfect photo-op.  

4) Halloween at Old Town: Drive-In Movies

Old Town in Kissimmee, Florida offers drive-in movies every Sunday night throughout the month of October. Scream, Beetlejuice, and The Nightmare Before Christmas are just a few of the halloween hits you can view through this spooky, vintage experience.  

5. Kick Back & D.I.Y 

If your busy schedule doesn’t have room to squeeze in a day of festivities, there’s still nothing better than  carving jack-o-lanterns, putting on a fall movie and baking a pumpkin treat… or, of course, doing nothing at all! 

Anna Voicu

Rollins '23

Anna is a sophomore psychology major at Rollins College who is passionate about art, writing, and, of course, making Pinterest boards. She loves the color yellow, the outdoors, and advocating for mental health.
Meredith Klenkel is a Senior English major and the founder of Her Campus at Rollins. She aspires to write comedy for late night T.V one day and publish her own memoirs.