This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rollins chapter.

There’s no better atmosphere than that of a good coffee shop. If you’re feeling particularly stressed out with schoolwork or losing focus in your room and the library, try out a new space to grind out your workload. There are so many great coffee shops with unique atmospheres that will give you the space you need to clear your head and finish up that essay, or even just to get a good cup of joe! The Winter Park area specifically has so many quirky little places that not everyone knows about- which is what makes them so great: 

Stardust Video & Coffee

I just recently discovered this little hidden gem right outside the Winter Park neighborhood. The second you walk in the shop you notice the atmosphere is a fantastic study space. With string lights and lanterns decorating the ceilings and bookshelves on every wall, you immediately feel a sense of comfort. This artsy shop also has a photobooth in the back where you can capture the best memories of your late-night coffee talks.

Stardust has such a unique aesthetic that also makes it great for a cute photo op! Stardust not only has a great atmosphere but a great menu as well. They have options that vary every day, which keeps things interesting. Daily pastries are made with extra love and deliciousness, ranging from vegan scones to chocolate chip cookies. They’re ultimate staple is the tater tots- they can keep you munching for hours on end!

Austin’s Coffee & Film

Austin’s Coffee & Film is another shop that has its own unique vibe. It’s a small place hidden in plain sight right on Fairbanks Ave. You can find yourself there for a cup of coffee in the morning or a delicious dinner and study night! Austin’s provides a different aesthetic that allows its customers to feel comfortable and blow off some steam. The atmosphere of the coffee shop is so important especially if you’re looking for a place to really focus on whatever project you’re working on. Austin’s hosts an open mic night open for the public, so you can visit for night of heavy grinding or a night of creativity and art just by Orlando locals.

New General

New General coffee shop has a very different vibe than Stardust and Austin’s indie culture. The atmosphere of New General is a mix of modern and indie which is very trendy nowadays. Although it may be different it creates its own sense of welcoming and relaxing atmosphere to continue your studies. The outside seating of the shop leads to the corner of Park Ave which is a popular place to find yourself. It’s covered under the architecture of the building which really highlights the modern aesthetic. They have a full menu of so many options and it’s particularly healthy which feeds your mind. If you like deliciously healthy food and a clean-cut atmosphere, this may be the place for you!

Foxtail Coffee Co.

Foxtail is a little different than the other options discussed only because it’s a chain. Chains don’t provide the same atmosphere as the quaint neighborhood shops, but Foxtail creates its own energetic vibe that brings it to life. There’s a wide variety of selections on the coffee list, so if you’re an avid coffee drinker and quality is important to you this may be the place to go!

If you are sick and tired of the same old study space, try out these amazing local coffee shops right next door! They provide such a positive energy that you can’t resist. Grab your bookbag, pick your poison, and enjoy the intellectually stimulating atmosphere of your neighborhood coffee shop!

Bellie Gonzalez is a junior at Rollins College, majoring in Communication Studies with a concentration in public relations and minoring in Creative Writing. No, her real name isn’t Bellie, it’s Isabella, but she prefers to stick with her unique nickname that resonates with her one of a kind personality. In her free time, you can find Bellie doing the things she loves to do most: dancing, writing, and being a girl boss.
Meredith Klenkel is a Senior English major and the founder of Her Campus at Rollins. She aspires to write comedy for late night T.V one day and publish her own memoirs.