This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rollins chapter.

Young entrepreneurs and soon-to-be graduates of Rollins College, Isabel Roche ’19 and Carlye Goldman ’19, are sweetening Winter Park weekends with healthy smoothies from their back porch.

“Most of our sophomore year was spent dreaming of starting a smoothie business.” says the roommate duo. Their company name, Lion’s Head, was born after discovering they had both climbed the Lion’s Head mountain in South Africa. “We want our customers to feel strong like a lion and empowered when they taste our smoothies.” says Roche. Creating a business plan and an attractive menu was the first step. Their dream had become a reality when they started selling their smoothies in September 2018. “You would think working side by side with my best friend would be a challenge, but we worked it out rather smoothly.” says Goldman, who is in charge of social media for the company.

With competition being strong, the young women work hard on providing a unique, vision driven experience to their customers. What makes their smoothies special is that they are made of all local produce, bought directly from the Winter Park Farmer’s Market. Their menu changes along with the fruit that are in season.  A constant best seller is the “Peachy Keen” made of apples, bananas, peaches and strawberries. As student-athletes, the entrepreneurs have busy schedules, allowing them to run the business only on the weekends. To find out when you can hang out on their porch at 430 Holt Ave. and enjoy a healthy, locally sourced smoothie, check out Lion’s Head’s social media (Facebook: Lion’s Head, Instagram: lionshead_co).

Susanne Reeg

Rollins '20

Born in Germany, came to the US for college, studied abroad in Paris for a semester. Rollins Class of 2020, International Business and Communications Major, swim team member.
Rollins College 2019 graduate with a BA in Communications and minor in Spanish.