This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rollins chapter.

Let’s talk about manifestation. The art of manifestation has taken our generation by storm, and for good reason. I’m sure you’ve heard a little bit about it whether it was on Tik Tok, Twitter, or Instagram. You still may not know what it really is or how to actually do it, so I’m here to fill you in on the beauty that manifestation can bring into your life!

The Law of Attraction 

Manifesting is also known as the law of attraction- it is a way to make your desires a reality through your thoughts and actions. It sounds insane, right? How could that be possible? With a positive mindset and openness to the universe, you can manifest pretty much anything you want in life. 

Get Specific 

There are a few things to keep in mind when manifesting what you want. The first step is to know exactly what you want. Being as specific as possible with your manifestations is the way to receive the best results. These details can include a timeline or specific characteristics that make the desire come to life. Just to throw it out there, someone who knows exactly what they want is sexy AF!! Now when you envision exactly what you want in a romantic partner, friend tribe or career, you share those desires with the universe and send your energy toward it!

Start Small 

Manifesting is all about trusting your intuition and valuing a connection with yourself and with the universe around you. If there is something you want or something you are working toward, manifest it. Start off by taking a few minutes out of your day to write or say what it is you truly want for yourself in life. Within this time, jot your intentions down on paper or recite them out loud. Not only will the universe hear what you are asking, but hearing yourself say it or seeing it in black and white makes you feel powerful for aspiring to the goals you want to achieve. 

Stay positive and stay open minded- you can make it happen.  

You Recieve What You Release

Now I know it may seem a little too easy to just write things down and have your wishes granted, but there’s a lot more that goes into it than that. Your mind is a very powerful tool. Keeping your thoughts positive and steering away from negative energy that comes from overthinking is the key to manifesting. 

When all you do is think negative thoughts, you will naturally only get negative results, but when you try to replace negative energy with positive affirmations about yourself and the world, things will start to look up for you. There is so much in this world to be grateful for, especially your beautiful self. You receive exactly what you release into the world, which is the beauty of manifestation. 

Bellie Gonzalez is a junior at Rollins College, majoring in Communication Studies with a concentration in public relations and minoring in Creative Writing. No, her real name isn’t Bellie, it’s Isabella, but she prefers to stick with her unique nickname that resonates with her one of a kind personality. In her free time, you can find Bellie doing the things she loves to do most: dancing, writing, and being a girl boss.
Meredith Klenkel is a Senior English major and the founder of Her Campus at Rollins. She aspires to write comedy for late night T.V one day and publish her own memoirs.