This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rollins chapter.

There has been a resurgence of great fashion from the end of 2020 into the beginning of 2021. Fashion is taking a lot of inspiration from the fabulous eras of the 60s, 70s, and 80s. From funky prints and free-flowing dresses, popular styles are taking an amazing turn right now. So, if you want to jump on the fresh and fun trends that I predict will define this year, here are the top 5 must-have looks of 2021!

Groovy Printed Pants

If you’re getting bored with your plain old blue jeans, why not spice up your pants collection with some cool prints? These pants are a nod to the 70s that elevate your look and make you stand out in a crowd. You can find pants printed with striking neon twists, inverted lines, and wavy collages of colors. You can wear them out on a night with the girls, or to a casual lunch with friends or family- some of the best places to score unique pairs are ASOS, Shein, and eBay!

Faux Fur & Linen Cardigans 

Do you want to feel like an absolute boss? This trend will definitely do it for you. Fur linen cardigans have such a classy and fierce feel to them that will make you feel like a queen. The look has already been seen on various celebrities and influencers like Bella Hadid. If you would like to buy one you can go to the originators of the trend, House of Sunny. But if you want to buy it at a more reasonable price, Shein, Zara, and Yesstyle are the places to go!

Pastel Patterned Knitwear

Spring is coming very soon and this trend just embodies spring! Beautiful pastel colors are being used in fashion again, specifically in knitwear. If you want to take your sweater game to the next level, this will do it. Knitwear doesn’t have to be just for comfort and warmth, you can make it festive as well. The brand House of Sunny has revolutionized printed knitwear and has been worn on numerous celebrities like Kendal Jenner. You can also buy these pretty pastel knitwears at Shop Bop, ASOS, and Shein!

Gap Hoodies 

Remember those old GAP hoodies you used to wear in Elementary school? Well, they’re coming back into style very soon. You may wonder why this trend is coming back, but it’s largely because of popular influencer Emma Chamberlin. Chamberlain has influenced fashion for young audiences for years. Chamberlain was seen sporting a navy blue GAP hoodie, and many already followed in her footsteps. So, go snag some GAP hoodies before they increase the price. If you’re too late, you can find them on Depop and Poshmark as well!

Oversized Blazers

Working at home can be tough, but if you get a chance to work in-person or just want to dress up for fun, this trend is for you. Oversized blazers are making a comeback from their origins as the 80s ‘working woman’ aesthetic. Hailey Bieber has been seen wearing this trend fabulously time and time again. She has shown how you can either dress it up or dress it down for any outfit, and you can find your own at Banana Republic, Nasty Gal and Zara.  

Madison Bailey is freshman at Rollins College from Windermere, Florida. She is a communications major. She loves fashion, writing and traveling. In her free time she loves to watch Netflix, fashion shows, or read a good book.
Meredith Klenkel is a Senior English major and the founder of Her Campus at Rollins. She aspires to write comedy for late night T.V one day and publish her own memoirs.