Disney quotes to cure your monday scaries

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rollins chapter.

I know I have had my own issues with the typical, horrible day. But for some reason, certain Disney quotes have a way of creating a better outlook for the day ahead, or maybe for just a few minutes after reading them.

“Now, think of the happiest things. It’s the same as having wings.” 

—Peter Pan, Peter Pan

“When you find out who you are, you find out what you need.” 

—Mama Odie, The Princess and the Frog

“The past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it, or learn from it.” 

— Rafiki, The Lion King

“Today is a good day to try” 

– Gargoyle, The Hunchback of Notre Dame

“The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of them all.” 

—-Emperor, Mulan

“You control your destiny — you don’t need magic to do it. And there are no magical shortcuts to solving your problems.”

— Merida (Brave)

You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from. Your only limit is your soul.” 

— Gusteau, Ratatouille

“When life gets you down, do you wanna know what you’ve gotta do? Just keep swimming!” 

— Dory, Finding Nemo

“I don’t want to survive. I wanna live …” 

–Captain, WALL•E

“If you ain’t scared, you ain’t alive.” 

– Butch, The Good Dinosaur

“All right everyone, fresh start! We’re gonna have a good day, which will turn into a good week, which will turn into a good year, which will turn into a good life!” 

— Joy, Inside Out

“First, think. Second, dream. Third, believe. And finally, dare.”

“People often ask me if I know the secret of success and if I could tell others how to make their dreams come true. My answer is, you do it by working.”

“The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.”

“We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”

“When you’re curious, you find lots of interesting things to do.”

“Dream, Believe, Dare, Do”

Hey There! I'm Juliana a freshman at Rollins College. I'm just starting to get into professional writing (in college) and can't wait to write for HerCampus!