This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rollins chapter.

I know a lot of people think that Zodiac signs and astrology is a bunch of mystic mumbo jumbo. But once you start reading into it, it will become your love language. You’ll start reading your horoscope every morning and side-eying your Leo friends! Becoming familiar with astrology also makes for LIT conversations. You know the old saying, don’t knock it till you try it! 

Now, you’re probably wondering, “What is even the point of astrology?”  Let me tell you!  

Who are you? 

You can learn a lot about yourself and how other people see you by reading up on your Zodiac sign’s traits! Once you see how accurate Astrology can be, you can gain a better understanding of who you are as a person. You can check out your sign’s strengths and weaknesses and become more introspective in the process. It can even give you a sense of relief! Ever wonder why you push people away? Don’t worry, you’re not crazy! You’re just an Aquarius!

I personally love analyzing the negative traits of my sign. It allows you to examine yourself and work towards changing some of your innate behavior. Just because it’s a Scorpio trait to be overly jealous, doesn’t mean you can’t work on that yourself. You’ll become a stronger individual in the process.

If you’re feeling down, just take a look at your sign, and I promise you it will remind you of how awesome a person you truly are. It’ll give you positive reinforcement to remind you that you are a Queen. #selfcarebaby

Are you and your boo compatible? 

This is where Zodiacs get really fun! When you meet someone new, and you aren’t sure about if you two vibe yet, check out both you sign compatibilities. 

Now, of course, this doesn’t mean you should ghost them if your signs aren’t compatible…. All it means is that you now know what personality traits you two likely clash on and how to deal with them! Or you get to see how well you two would work together and how great your future relationship could be. If you start seeing someone new, CHECK THEIR ZODIAC. It will tell you way more about them than they may tell you themselves. It’s fun detective work that a lot of people love to do!

Find Reassurance 

Many people find comfort in reading about their Zodiacs. It can give you a little reassurance in this very uncertain world we live in, especially if you’re going through a tough time. Your daily horoscope is weirdly accurate and can give you the motivation you need to get past whatever you’re going through!!!

Daily horoscopes can give you some detail as to how your day will go. If it mentions that it might be a stressful one, it’ll remind you to ground yourself and move past it by looking towards the brighter future ahead!

One of the most popular Astrology apps on the Market is CoStar. If you have ever wondered what it’s like to see yourself from the outside? Check your Zodiac, and I guarantee you will see yourself in a whole new light! 

Bellie Gonzalez is a junior at Rollins College, majoring in Communication Studies with a concentration in public relations and minoring in Creative Writing. No, her real name isn’t Bellie, it’s Isabella, but she prefers to stick with her unique nickname that resonates with her one of a kind personality. In her free time, you can find Bellie doing the things she loves to do most: dancing, writing, and being a girl boss.
Meredith Klenkel is a Senior English major and the founder of Her Campus at Rollins. She aspires to write comedy for late night T.V one day and publish her own memoirs.