The Lalacocktail With Flamingo Straw
The Lalacocktail With Flamingo Straw
Her Campus Media

5 Spiked Seltzers Superior to White Claw

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rollins chapter.

As the years go by, fewer college kids are old enough to remember the pre-White Claw days. College without White Claw was just as sad as you’d imagine- we had to mix our own vodka sprites or just stick with beer. Can you believe it? 

Nowadays the canned alcohol aisle is a rainbow row of college girl delight, the selection seeming to extend for miles. White Claw reinvented the average night out and created a cult of loyalty among its supporters. I’m here to convert you to the unpopular opinion that White Claw is not the best party drink on the shelf compared to these superior options. 

VIZZY 

Want to prevent your hangover WHILE you’re drinking? I know it sounds too good to be true, but Vizzy is a spiked seltzer loaded with Vitamin C and antioxidants. It comes in delicious Capri-Sun inspired flavors like strawberry-kiwi and gives you the immune boost your body needs the morning after a wild night out (or in). 

CORONA SELTZER 

Corona has stepped out of their beer comfort zone and launched a life changing brand of carb-free, sugar-free seltzers. Ok, life changing might sound dramatic, but it’s hard to find a canned drink with zero carbs and sugar these days and it takes the bloating and guilt factor down a notch. 

HYDROPONICS 

These refreshing drinks are a clever invention by Sweetwater Brewing Company with a hippie twist. Named after the ‘hydroponic’ method of growing cannabis, the beverage is infused with Terpene, the same oils that give certain cannabis strains floral aromas. They come in tall and short cans depending on your vibe for the night, and make the perfect poolside cocktail on the weekend. 

BUD LIGHT SELTZER

If you’re looking for an easy, transportable vodka cran that doesn’t cost a wopping $6 at the bar, Bud Light has stepped out of their beer specialty to bring us a delicious and convenient Cranberry seltzer. You can’t beat this spin-off brand’s flavor assortment- they’ve got a tropical pineapple seltzer and even Strawberry for a sweet Capri-Sun-like taste!

SVEDKA CUCUMBER AND SODA ‘

This cocktail doesn’t come canned but it’s a fun and tasty homemade option. Just pour a shot of cucumber vodka over ice with some lime Sprite or club soda, and add a splash of lime juice. I guarantee this spa-like concoction will become your drink of the season after one sip. 

Meredith Klenkel is a Senior English major and the founder of Her Campus at Rollins. She aspires to write comedy for late night T.V one day and publish her own memoirs.