r8e74MUU
r8e74MUU
Her Campus Media
Career

3 Ways to Cope with Senioritis

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rollins chapter.

With the turn of April comes the all-too-familiar antsiness that we call Senioritis. Finals season isn’t fun for anyone, but only my fellow fourth year friends understand the rare pique of exhaustion we’ve reached. I can vividly recall the same sensation from senior year of high school, and not much has changed except the intensified workload. With capstone theses due within the next three weeks and graduation creeping around the corner, it’s nearly impossible to find motivation to finish strong. Here are some ways everyone can push through to the end of the year and get ready for the big day in May. 

Get on Campus

This semester I’ve been taking walks and runs to Lake Virginia and sitting in my old favorite spot on the docks by the library. I live off campus, and walking around Mills Lawn in the gorgeous spring weather has put me in my feels, to say the least. I never take advantage of Olin or the other study spots on campus, and I recently realized that there’s not much time left to take in the beauty of our school. Sometimes I wander around and reminisce about touring Rollins in high school and falling head-over-heels in love. I’ll never forget the magic I felt when I entered that archway, and as I reach the end of my time in school I’m coming to appreciate that same magic again. 

Bucket List It

Like I said, heading to campus for a walk down memory lane has been one of my favorite senior activities. One way to get yourself through these last few weeks of classes is to write down the spots or activities in Orlando that you haven’t gotten to hit. Four years is a lot of time, but if you’re like me there’s still tons I haven’t gotten to. Reward yourself for every assignment you submit or every day of research you put into your final thesis by promising to explore something you’ve been wanting to try. Did someone say finals countdown happy hour hit list?!

Reflect

Grab your journal and look to the future. What version of yourself are you bringing into the world after May? Articulate the goals you want to set for your first months in the workforce and take some time to pay respects to the college experiences that have made you grow. Some experiences we chose, and others forced us to grow up in ways we hadn’t anticipated. Reward yourself for the progress you’ve made and acknowledge how your path has evolved over the last four years. Certain doors are closing and new ones are waiting for us around the corner- right now is the perfect time to manifest your dream post-grad life! 

Meredith Klenkel is a Senior English major and the founder of Her Campus at Rollins. She aspires to write comedy for late night T.V one day and publish her own memoirs.