Style > Fashion

3 Summer Style Trends You Don’t Want to Miss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rollins chapter.

The long awaited beginning of summer is here, and we’ve got your ultimate style guide for the season.

Cutouts

One of the best parts of summer in Florida are cutouts. The gaps in thicker fabrics help let skin breathe when the temperature skyrockets, so get your hands on these pieces quickly. The focus on the negative space is a great choice for summer, but don’t forget sunscreen to avoid those awkward tan lines. Cutouts can be seen in shirts, skirts, and dresses, go for a look with more than one cutout. The best cutouts are in swimsuits to add just a little bit more flare for the dramatic.

Neons

The highlighter looks are back from the 80’s! Not only that but they’re fighting their way back with the combo pieces, and from head to toe. The colors of focus this summer are orange, hot pink, and of course lime green. The key to neons is not to fear them, but to commit to the look and go head to toe like the runway to make a statement.

Mini Skirts

High-waisted skirts can be a pain in the summer heat, but the mini skirt was the perfect solution for any of the problems of high waisted looks this summer. The mini skirt is a new addition to fashion this summer from previous seasons, and it’s making an impact. Aim for about mid thigh or higher for these skirts with a little crop top to balance the look. 

Belle Daoust

Rollins '25

Isabelle (Belle) Daoust is looking to double major in Theatre and Psychology and is part of the Honors College at Rollins. She enjoys reading, listening to music, and as a third culture kid, she, of course, loves to travel.