Career > Her20s

3 Reasons You Should Join Her Campus Rollins

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rollins chapter.

Hi there! My name is Meredith, and I’m the founder & Editor in Chief of Her Campus at Rollins! I’m super excited for everything the Spring semester has in store for this publication team, so I figured I’d tell you a bit about why I think this magazine is so great: 

1. Find What Sets Your Soul on Fire 

Her Campus isn’t reserved for people who know exactly what they want to do with their life, and it’s certainly not just for people who already know their passions! This magazine is designed to guide you in finding yourself and your interests through your college journey. Maybe you never thought you were a good writer. Maybe you never thought in a million years that you’d want a career in digital media. Being a part of our team is about freely exploring your talents and finding out how you’re going to set the world on fire with your light!

2. Skyrocket Your Career Path 

Her Campus is a nationally renowned and respected publication with chapters at over 300 universities. Speaking from experience, PR & marketing employers are extremely impressed when they see college writers with their own by-lines. Basically, this means that you have an author’s portfolio before you’re even 22 years old, and an official author’s page stocked with all your published content. When you’re published with HC, there’s no limit to what you can accomplish in your internships & future jobs!

3. Impove Your Craft

Last but certainly not least, becoming a writer for HC means attending our editorial workshops and working with your editors to make positive changes to your writing. As you develop topic ideas and pitch potential articles, you’ll find yourself broadening your skillset as a creator during every step of the process. We are a group of like-minded, goal-focused girls with a variety of different passions ranging from political analysis to makeup trends. No matter what brings you to HC, you’ll grow stronger as a writer and storyteller with the help of our amazing community!  

HC 2021 Applicationhttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1-ZeeSzOmsKE_wy-tqEhN2X3GMhQlHGbYWg4ZSXakOSo/edit  

Meredith Klenkel is a Senior English major and the founder of Her Campus at Rollins. She aspires to write comedy for late night T.V one day and publish her own memoirs.