Life > Experiences

3 Reasons You Should Go through Sorority Recruitment

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rollins chapter.

Going Greek can be a controversial topic for some people, and there are a lot of stereotypes about joining the Panhellenic community- but I am here to put the rumors to rest! 

Greek Life is an incredible experience that we only get to explore in college, so why not take advantage of it? There are so many great factors that play into Greek Life, and there are tons of great reasons to #GoGreek! 

Forming a Sense of Community

The Panhellenic community is filled with strong and confident women who provide an incredible amount of support through your darkest times. Having such a big support system is a huge advantage, especially through the many obstacles that college life throws at you!

I can’t begin to explain the number of inspiring women I have met not only by joining a sorority, but just by going through the recruitment process! To this day I am still best friends with one of the amazing girls I met in my recruitment group. We bonded through the whole process and realized our similarities and admired our differences. She has inspired me in so many ways, and without the recruitment process I never would have met such genuine girls!

Connections are Everything 

The future is always something to keep in mind, and being part of a sorority is such a great advantage on resumes and job applications. Not only does it show potential employers how well-rounded you are by taking part in a national organization, but there is always a chance for Alumni interaction! 

One of my sorority sisters who went in for an internship interview hit it off with the staff and received her position because the employer was an Alumni of our sorority at another school. There are so many possibilities to meet Alum, and making connections with different women from all over the country is an opportunity that you might not want to pass up. 

As they always say, you never know who your boss is going to be one day- and that saying works perfectly in this situation. You truly never know, and you may even land your dream job with the help of your amazing Panhellenic Community. 

Meeting Fresh Faces 

I know girls say this a lot and it might sound cheesy, but… GO GREEK AND FIND YOUR GIRL GANG!!! I have been blessed to share my college experience with the most loving, genuine, and funniest of ladies! I wouldn’t trade the relationships I have built here at Rollins for the world. 

The rush process allows you to meet girls that you probably wouldn’t have met walking around campus. I have met my people by going through this process and for that I couldn’t’ be more grateful! Joining a sorority is more than just gaining letters- it’s about gaining a sisterhood and a family of women that will always have your back no matter what. 

There are so many memories ready to be made for you, all you have to do is apply! #GoGreek

Bellie Gonzalez is a junior at Rollins College, majoring in Communication Studies with a concentration in public relations and minoring in Creative Writing. No, her real name isn’t Bellie, it’s Isabella, but she prefers to stick with her unique nickname that resonates with her one of a kind personality. In her free time, you can find Bellie doing the things she loves to do most: dancing, writing, and being a girl boss.