Student Spotlight: Clarissa Suwan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rochester chapter.

Name: Clarissa Suwan

Hometown: Pee Pee, Ohio

Year: Junior

Major/minor: Geomechanics and Russian Studies (double major)

Favorite Movie: I can’t choose between Mr. Bean’s Holiday and Johnny English – I love Rowan Atkinson!

What are you passionate about? I am passionate about food, nature, and ecology.

Where would your next travel destination be? I would love to visit the Philippines in the future!

Favorite TV show: Mr. Bean (definitely) and Totally Spies

Favorite Spot in UR: Rettner Hall is pretty cool – great study spot for me.

If you could meet anyone in history, who would it be? I would want to meet Coco Chanel; Lapu-Lapu is a close second though.

What advice would you give your 16 year old self? “You’re going to fall, but don’t let anyone – not even yourself – stop you from getting back up again.”

What would you say is your greatest achievement:  Getting my scuba diving certification!

Personal Quote You Live By: “Work hard and dream big but never forget to live life full of love, laughter, and adventure.” – my friend/ mentor

Pamela is a sophomore at the University of Rochester in New York. Although she plans to pursue a major in business, she still possess a passion for writing, whether creative or journalistic. During her free time, she enjoys dancing along with watching Friends or Once Upon a Time while relaxing in bed. Shopping and eating are definitely on her list of favorite activities as well.