This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rochester chapter.

Shawn Burke is a recent transfer from St Francis in Pennsylvania. He is a junior and starting defensive end for the football team. He is originally from Webster, NY. In addition to football, Shawn is a business major and also works at the fitness center. When asked about his relationship status, Shawn said “single… Technically” and quickly tried to move on to the next question. Hmmm. This writer and I’m sure many other rochester ladies are wondering what Shawn’s definition of “technically” is. His perfect idea of a date is a nice, relaxing steak dinner. What he likes best about UR is that it is much closer to home than St Francis was. Football still has a few more games ladies, so get out there and cheer on this week’s cutie.

Meghan Liptak is a senior at the University of Rochester. She is majoring in Political Science and has been part of the Her Campus Rochester team as a contributing writer for over a year. Meghan looks forward to taking over as campus correspondent and copy editor of Her Campus Rochester this upcoming school year.