Louvre Performance Ensemble Presents EmpowerHER

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rochester chapter.

This weekend, Louvre Performance Ensemble takes on a bold and exciting subject in their upcoming fall production EmpowerHER.

Louvre is an undergraduate performance ensemble, composed of a small group of advanced, technically-trained dancers with extensive backgrounds in ballet, jazz, and contemporary. We aim to promote the artistry and creative integrity of choreography and dance, as well as bridge the University of Rochester campus community with a larger network of performing artists. We are dedicated to artistic development by means of time-intensive training and an intimate group environment.”

Challenging the traditional ideals of femininity, Louvre’s collection of dances in EmpowerHER will embody the various perceptions of being a woman. Their show will also present how women can be stronger together. In collaboration with College Feminists, UR Survivor Empowerment Group, Men Opposing Violence Everywhere, and Active Minds, Louvre truly aims to empower women through the beautiful artform of dance. 

Make sure to come to one of their performances this weekend! Tickets are on sale at the Common Market: $6 for students and $9 for the general public.

Spurrier Dance Studio:

Saturday November 5th at 8:00 p.m. 

Sunday November 6th at 5:00 p.m. 

Pamela is a sophomore at the University of Rochester in New York. Although she plans to pursue a major in business, she still possess a passion for writing, whether creative or journalistic. During her free time, she enjoys dancing along with watching Friends or Once Upon a Time while relaxing in bed. Shopping and eating are definitely on her list of favorite activities as well.