How to Sex: Combatting Jaw Pain During and After Oral

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rochester chapter.

For any of you that “go-down” on regular basis, you may be familiar with the struggles of oral, such as jaw pain. 

It wasn’t until a few weeks ago that I first encountered jaw pain as a result of giving oral to my male partner, and my jaw still aches! Initially, I did not associate my jaw pain with oral sex; however, as I continued to perform oral throughout the week, I realized this act was the sole cause of my discomfort. Before this realization, I felt as if my jaw was going to fall off, and I was in such a considerable ammount of pain that I almost went to UHS — now, that would have been an interesting conversation with my PCP. 

This situation is embarrassing and a little hilarious; I mean, if you were to tell someone your jaw hurt from oral sex, they would probably think you’re a sex addict who obsessively performs oral to the point of jaw fatigue, when, in fact, this may not be the case (if it is the case, then you’re a trooper, and I feel your pain). In all this is an odd situation that more people have experienced than you may expect. 

That being said, here are some tips to combating jaw fatigue during and after oral sex:

1. You don’t have to suck all the time

When you decide to suck during a blowjob, it causes you to hold your lips and jaw in a way you are not accustomed to, making it all the more uncomfortable. You can still give a good blowjob without constantly sucking. Try simply bobbing your head up and down. Transitioning between this and moderate sucking can significantly reduce the chance of jaw pain after sex. 

2. Stimulate him in different ways before going down on him

If you’re already experiencing jaw pain before going into oral, you most likely want to give a quick blowjob that will make your partner orgasm faster. The best way to do this is to get him worked up to a point where his member becomes more sensitive. This can be done by tantalizing him with kisses and licks everywhere except his penis. Try even stroking his member a few times here and there, but not too much. When he absolutely can’t handle it anymore, go down on him. I guaranteed he won’t last long, preventing further jaw pain for you and pleasure for him!   

3. Take breaks

It’s okay to take brief breaks. Penile stimulation is a lot different from clitoral stimulation, which requires constant attention for a longer period of time in order to climax. When it comes to the male organ, it is okay to take brief breaks from oral as long as you stimulate him in other ways. Durring oral breaks, you can lick, kiss or stroke is member. Just keep in mind that taking breaks may not be the best option if you prefer your partner to climax quickly because they do prolong blowjobs. 

4. Abstinence

Just kidding! Lol. But, seriously, it’s the solution to any sexual problem, consider it if you dare.   

Fun fact: This type of jaw discomfort is clinically labeled as a Temporomandibular Joint Disorder due to sexual intimacy. I think this is hilarious and makes the situation sound a whole lot classier than: “I suck too much penis, and now my jaw hurts!” 

The more you know!

MW

Mia Wall

Rochester

Geek in the streets, freak in the sheets. . . and vice versa.