How To Look Cute For Class Without Really Trying

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rochester chapter.

We’ve all been there. That moment when you wake up and just don’t have the energy to put on a cute outfit for class. When you think that maybe going to class in your pajamas isn’t the worst idea. But why should we have to be uncomfortable to look stylish? We shouldn’t! Not all outfits were created equal, and some are just comfier than others! However, some of those comfy alternatives can also be cute, with the right styling.

Here are a few of my go-to cozy options for when I can’t be bothered to put together a fashion-week worthy ensemble.

Leggings

The staple piece of any lazy girl, leggings are on trend and cozy too! They are ten times more fashionable than a pair of sweats, but still give you more comfort than those skinny jeans. Throw on a cute tee shirt and some sneakers or slip ons, and you’re good to go! You can even wear them to the gym later, making them a cute and convenient outfit choice!

Jean jacket

This simple item can completely transform your outfit from drab to totally fab. Wear a tee or a cozy sweater and leggings, and the jean jacket will pull it all together. This timeless piece looks good for almost any occasion, and adds some 90s flair to even the simplest outfit. It’ll also keep you nice and warm for those brisk fall evening walks back from the library! Roll up the cuffs for a more laid-back vibe.

Side braid

Having a bad hair day? Lucky for you, loose side braids are super in right now, and super easy too! Channel your inner model-off-duty and loosely braid your hair, sweeping it off to the side. Any hairstyle other than a ponytail takes your look up a notch, and keeps your hair off of your face as well!

Statement lipstick

If you’re feeling too lazy to put on makeup or overslept and need a quick fix, a statement lip is the way to go. Swipe on some pink gloss or a plum matte lipstick on your way out the door, and you’ll look and feel fabulous. It will take two seconds, but this look will make you stand out – in the best way!

Scarf

Is it freezing outside? Let’s be real, this is Rochester, of course it’s freezing outside! That doesn’t mean you need to look bad! Take your comfiest sweater and leggings and pair them with a big knit infinity scarf. This on trend scarf will keep you warm all day, and will keep you cozy during your walks across the quad to class! Try one in black or beige, this way it’ll go with lots of different outfits so that you can just grab it on your way out the door.

My life motto is that if mint chocolate chip ice cream can't fix it, you're screwed.