Chris Bickford Rochester’s First All American Football Player in 17 Years

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rochester chapter.

What are you involved in on campus?
I participate in Athletes in Action, I work at the gym, varsity football for the past 4 years, and Keidians Honors Society

What accolades did you achieve this season?
AFCA 1t team all American,  my second year in a row unanimous all league,
Team MVP, Team Defensive player, D3 All region team, and team captain as well as being chosen for 2 all star  games

What made you come to Rochester all the way from California?
The coaches were a key aspect.  They presented a great program and and the academics of course were a key thing.  Also, the recruiting trip was so much fun that I really could see myself at Rochester after spending time here

What lessons are you taking away from your career at Rochester?
Learning how to progress as a team and how to work through adversity.  We faced ups and downs but I learned how to work through it with my teammates.  Also, I have worked in a lot of group projects over the years, which help me to develop skills that help on and off the field. 

What are your plans for the future?
Hopefully the NFL and if not continue my education to become an architect

As far as the NFL goes what are your upcoming plans to pursue that dream?
I am attending a combine later this month in NJ and hopefully will get some try-outs and pro days.  I am currently training every day to be as prepared as I can be for the try outs. 

What has made the biggest impact on you and made your time here the most special?
Being able to manage my time because I didn’t have that skill before being a student here. Also being able to work as a team and learning what it’s like to have a great support system.  My friends have made the biggest impact on my time here though, more than football or anything it’s the guys I will miss the most. 

Along with trying out for the combine later this month Chris will also be attempting to deal with separating from his other half and best friend Thane Green.  Thane hopes to act as Chris’ agent and or mentor as his career progresses.  

Meghan Liptak is a senior at the University of Rochester. She is majoring in Political Science and has been part of the Her Campus Rochester team as a contributing writer for over a year. Meghan looks forward to taking over as campus correspondent and copy editor of Her Campus Rochester this upcoming school year.
Hilary Rosenthal is a senior International Relations major and minor in Journalism at the University of Rochester. Hilary recently returned from a semester abroad in Barcelona, Spain and is excited to return to campus. She is a a varsity lacrosse player, Vice President of Panhellenic Conduct, a writer for Athletic Communications and a writer for the Campus Times. She hails from Loudonville, New York and loves skiing, fashion, exploring music, hot yoga, ice cream and fro- yo, traveling, cooking, nail polish and a great book. Although most of her experience is in the political field, she is extremely excited to work on and start a Her Campus branch at the University of Rochester.