Campus Celebrity: Samantha Lish

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rochester chapter.

There’s no doubt that you’ve seen this week’s Campus Celebrity around on campus. Known to her friends as Slish, Sam has been involved in an incredible number of groups here at the UofR, and has undoubtedly contributed a ton of fun to other students’ college experience. Learn more about Sam here!

Class Year: Senior!

Major(s)/ Minor (s): Double Major in Public Health and English, Minor in Psychology

Hometown: South Salem, New York

Involvement on campus (past and present): CAB, Meridian Society, Admissions Associate, Student Services Assistant for Warner, Senior Gift Committee, Chi Omega, Rho Gamma, Hall Council

What has been your favorite experience during your time at school? I’ve loved being able to plan Yellowjacket Weekend, Dandelion Day, the Boar’s Head Dinner, and other events. Being able to interview Bill Nye on stage, share cake pops with Vanessa Bayer, take selfies with Josh Peck, and laugh with BJ Novak were all things I’ll never forget.

Favorite food: Ugh it’s too hard to choose one. I really like mozzarella sticks, braised short ribs with mashed potatoes, and pumpkin ice cream.    

Favorite pastime to unwind: I love watching TV. Netflix is my life and I watch everything from Worst Cooks in America to Parenthood to Making a Murderer to Rugrats.

Plans post-grad: Hopefully getting a job in NYC! I’m applying and interviewing for some positions in healthcare communications right now.

Any advice to younger students? Do the things you said you would never do. I told myself I’d never join Greek life or pull an all nighter or stay in Rochester for a break or take a dance class or play an intramural sport…but I did all of those things (and obviously so much more) and had so much fun and made so many memories.

Currently a Senior at the University of Rochester. I'm an English major, with a focus on media, editing, and publishing. I'm a sister of Phi Sigma Sigma, a member of College Feminists, and a Building Manager in Wilson Commons aka the greatest. In my free time (of which there is rarely any), I love to read, talk about/watch baseball, learn new things, and do fun things with my squad.