Campus Celebrity: Charles Hunter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rochester chapter.

Meet Charles Hunter,  this week’s Campus Celebrity! With such a strong passion to give back to community, get ready to be WOW-ed by this busy bee!

Name: Charles Hunter

Major: International Relations and Brain and Cognitive Science

Birthday: February 26th 1996

Hometown: Houston, Texas (Like Beyonce)

Advice to give incoming Freshmen: Make sure you join some type of club, and make friends with people who don’t share the same major as you. It is important to focus on academics but also important to develop socially and find a support group.

If you could do one thing over at college what would it be? I don’t regret anything I have done so far. Everything has led me to where I am today.

Funny or most embarrassing moment at school: Everyday.  I’m clumsy and I constantly do things like fall. I just hurt myself a lot.

Favorite thing about University of Rochester: Everyone on campus is so positive, and I like how the University puts so much emphasis on community.

What is your campus involvement?: Circle K (President), Rice crew, Japanese Student Association, Community Service Network, and Modern Languages and Cultures Council. 

Dream Job:  I wanna work for a major humanitarian association, or be the CEO of a huge non-profit association.

Life motto: Let me search my Tumblr real quick…. The trick is that as long as you know who you are and what makes you happy, it doesn’t matter how others see you.

Jane Fong

Rochester

Jane is a freshman in the University of Rochester. When she is not hiding from the cold weather or rushing to class you can find her jamming out on her guitar, hoarding books, humming to herself or in the library "studying"(making new playlists).