Campus Celebrity: Brianna Rockwell

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rochester chapter.

Brianna, fondly known by her friends as Bri or Brockwell, is involved in seemingly everything, constantly passing by people she knows from her various extracurricular activities. As a freshman, Bri began her involvement as her hall’s EcoRep, and later danced for BPG (Ballet Performance Group). Now as a senior, she leads tours as a Meridian, is in her second year as Vice President of OBOC (Off Broadway On Campus), is the fearless Student Supervisor of the Wilson Commons Building Managers, and in addition to having held multiple positions on the Executive Board of her Panhellenic sorority, is a Rho Gamma for the second year in a row. Bri contributes so much to this campus community, from keeping WilCo running smoothly or just adding a bright and smiling face to the sea of people.

Also, she loves rocks.

Major and/or Minor: Geobiology with a Minor in Economics

Favorite Class & Why: Music of the Black Americans with Dean Burgett. This class was the most fun I have ever had while getting credit at the same time.  Dean Burgett is such an energetic and enthusiastic professor and it is hard not to be interested in what he is saying.

What you plan to do after graduation: You really have to ask a girl this? But I plan on eventually pursuing a PhD in geology to continue the research that I have already been conducting. As for next year, I don’t really know yet. The possibilities are endless.

Your favorite movie: The Breakfast Club

Favorite part about the school & why: WILSON COMMONS. Wilson Commons is always the place to be. With the exception of class, I spend most of my time on campus in WilCo. I work, meet, eat, and even sleep there. I would live there if I could.

Any idols? Why? LIN MANUEL MIRANDA. He composed, wrote and starred in the Tony winning musical In the Heights, and is also currently starring in his new musical Hamilton. Here’s how cool he is.

Greatest aspiration: To have my own children’s television show: Rock Talk with Doc Rock.

Fast Facts:

• I am half blind in one eye.
  • I am v good at rapping.
  • I am listening to showtunes rn.
  • Rocks are cool.
Currently a Senior at the University of Rochester. I'm an English major, with a focus on media, editing, and publishing. I'm a sister of Phi Sigma Sigma, a member of College Feminists, and a Building Manager in Wilson Commons aka the greatest. In my free time (of which there is rarely any), I love to read, talk about/watch baseball, learn new things, and do fun things with my squad.