5 TV Shows to Binge Watch This Summer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rochester chapter.

After the frenzy of finals, packing, saying goodbye to friends, and moving back home, it’s finally time to relax. More specifically, it’s time to relax with people who will make you laugh and cry hysterically for hours; they won’t judge you in your sweats eating in bed, but they will certainly entertain you. I’m talking about TV show characters. Now that classes have ended and summer has come, we can feel less guilty for binge watching TV shows! If you are at a loss for which shows you should watch this summer, then you’re in luck because below are five TV shows definitely worth binge watching.

1. The Office

This classic mockumentary comedy is a hit show beloved by millions for several reasons. Each character in the show is interesting in their own distinct way and the chemistry between all of them is genuine – making every scene feel real and every joke hilarious. 

2. Gilmore Girls

See the beautiful and cozy town of Stars Hollow and its loveable citizens in this heart-warming TV show.

3. Fringe

Taking a step away from comedy and light drama, I present to you a show that will make you think beyond the boundaries of human capability. Fringe is a science-fiction TV show that will make you feel every type of emotion, and is definitely one you should not miss. 

4. How to Get Away With Murder

This thriller drama will pull you in with its captivating storylines, plot-twists, and mysterious elements. Not only is the plot superb in this show, but also the writing and acting are worth high praises.

5. Friends

I saved my personal favorite for last: Friends. The iconinc sitcom pulls at the hearts of its viewers with its dynamic plotlines, unique characters, and witty (Chandler-worthy funny) jokes. Beware, however, because once you start watching this show, you will be hooked on watching all ten seasons, and will be left in state of shock and sadness after the last episode. Thankfully, watching the comical and romantic lives of Ross, Rachel, Monica, Chandler, Phoebe, and Joey never gets old. 

Pamela is a sophomore at the University of Rochester in New York. Although she plans to pursue a major in business, she still possess a passion for writing, whether creative or journalistic. During her free time, she enjoys dancing along with watching Friends or Once Upon a Time while relaxing in bed. Shopping and eating are definitely on her list of favorite activities as well.