This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at RIT chapter.

We all know the classic Hallmark Christmas movies. Business woman from a big city hates Christmas, but she has to go to some small town for work. Then, she meets the man of her dreams and learns the true meaning of Christmas.

It’s cliché but so good

With conflict only occurring once around the one hour and thirty minute mark and being resolved by the end. These movies are constantly cookie cutter and you always know how they end, but I LOVE them.

Now you may be asking yourself, how can somebody love these boringly predictable films (if they can even be called films)?

Well, it’s the predictability that I love about them. In an age of perpetual anxiety and an unknown uncontrollable future, predictability is just what I want for the holidays. I love to be able to sit down with a cup of hot coco, in my holiday pj’s, and put on a Hallmark movie knowing exactly what is going to happen for the next two hours of my life.

Honestly, I can’t see how no one can be comforted by these movies.

I like to consider myself a film buff, and don’t get my wrong, I love a good plot twist and complex story line, but sometimes I don’t want to be on the edge of my seat. It is nice to have a movie relax you and in the end they’re genuine and joyful. I think everyone needs to sit down and watch one cliché Hallmark film during the winter.

Morrgan is a second year SOIS (School of Individualized Study) major at RIT. She has focuses in film, media, and journalism. She loves to write, watch movies, and listen to music.