This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at RIT chapter.

For as long as I can remember, I have been shouting “girls support girls!” Something about being an activist in women’s rights, and not just general feminism, is understanding that due to the social construct of injustice and the system, women tend to lack in the equal support we need. 

While actively participating in political and non-political topics that could help encourage an equal system for basic human rights, knowing the resources provided out there no matter how small is something to always look into. What can help us grow—in any shape or form—is a step in the right direction of empowering women.

Below is a list of organizations, companies, applications, accounts, and resources that help encourage women’s rights with their branding materials and informational support. NOTE: Many of these organizations are NOT limited to women or women-identifying! These organizations can also help anyone who relies on reproductive system resources.

The Pill Club

There are many birth control resources available, but Favor-previously known as The Pill Club– is one of my favorites. Aside from being able to go to my local clinic (Planned Parenthood) to get check-ups and emergency contraception pills, Favor is an online organization that provides a monthly supply of birth control. 

Through Favor, each individual who signs up is registered with a qualified nurse who does their best to find the right birth control match for you. Favor costs as low as $9 a month but takes in insurance that may qualify to cover the complete cost. 

Along with providing birth control, Favor has face treatment products such as for acne that is recommended by a dermatologist. Other products they provide with a subscription or one-time fees include sex and safety supplies, and menstrual cycle products. 

Flo Chart

If struggling with the symptoms of dealing with my period is one thing, keeping track of it is another. People who can get periods are not always taught the importance of keeping track of their cycle, especially when it comes to understanding if you have an unusual cycle.

With the application Flo Chart on my phone, I’m able to tag down the dates I have my cycle every month. With a subscription to the app, I have access to logging my symptoms to get articles targeted for me on factors that may contribute to why I may endure certain mood swings on my period, why my cycle could be lasting longer than usual, understanding my ovulation period, and more.

Flo Chart provides a chatting section for users to ask questions or start discussions with other users as well. In one app, there is a community of people who can share similar experiences or seek guidance that is not always available. 

Stardust

Another alternative to using Flo Chart is Stardust. If you’re big on astrology, then Stardust doesn’t just give you a calendar to log your cycle; it tells you what kind of blood moon you correlate with based on your cycle. 

While Flo Chart is more interactive with the general community and informational on menstrual cycles, Stardust is a more fun application for users interested in astrology and universe aligning.

HerStry

HerStry is a national storyteller site that empowers women by allowing submissions from individuals who identify as women to tell their own stories and get published. Much like Her Campus runs a magazine to lift underrepresented voices, HerStry thrives to do the same. 

With a newsletter called Babes who Write for a more consistent writing portion, HerStry works to get these crucial stories–personal and achievement-related– out there. 

There are multiple sites, applications, and organizations working to become the platform where voices of women (and anyone who menstruates) (and those who identify as women alike) can be heard. Whether it’s a simple application for menstrual cycle tracking to a newsletter that promotes inspiring stories, these are only a few that can be beneficial resourceful for you!

RIT Student double majoring in Communications and Women, Gender, Sexuality Studies! Advocating for social change and justice, women empowerment and Latina rights. Blog: www.BeTheAesthetic.blog; shop: www.BeTheAesthetic.shop art/designing account IG: @betheaesthetic