Spring, Sun & School

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at RIT chapter.

The month of March has brought spring to us early. The first day of spring is right around the corner and the students of RIT are soaking up the sun. Now that spring is here, it’s a great time to get outside and get healthy.

Get your heart pumping and take a walk. Everyone on campus seems to be enjoying the weather by eating outside, studying and doing work outside along with just simply relaxing.

Don’t let this early spring weather bring you down during this last quarter. For some, it is the last quarter of their college career, and others it is the last quarter of the freshman year. Yes, there have been ups and downs, including terrible weather and times when you didn’t even want to get up for class. Don’t take this quarter for granted and put forth all your effort. Just because the weather is nice and all you want to do is relax outside just push yourself to succeed for 9 more weeks.

Here are some easy simple ways to get your mind in the school spirit while stile enjoying the beautiful weather March has to offer:

1.     Do your homework outside. When it is nice out and you don’t want to be trapped inside your dorm or apartment, just take your homework outside and work on some homework while enjoying the weather. No one said you couldn’t work in the sun.

2.     Study outside. The sun will give off positive vibes and will most likely put you in a better mood. Yes, it is the beginning of the quarter and you might not have any exams yet, but when you start having them take some time and study outside. Why lock yourself in a dark room listening to all the students outside having fun. Just join them, but with your books!

3.     Take breaks. During the week and the weekend in between your homework or study take some breaks. Eat lunch outside, play some Frisbee or take a walk in between. A small break of an hour or so will give you a chance to catch up with some friends and get some sun, so your not over working yourself with work.

Just because the weather is extremely beautiful and other students are running around outside enjoying themselves doesn’t mean you can’t as well. Be smart with how you manage your time and don’t over stress yourself with schoolwork right away. The weather and sun are on your side; don’t think it’s not.

Remember this could be the last quarter of your college years. Embrace it the work and the weather as one. And have a great first couple of weeks in your spring quarter.

Jenna is an Advertising and Public Relations student at RIT, minoring in Marketing. She is a cupcake lover (although she loves how they look more than they taste), advocate of Breast Cancer education and awareness, sister of ZTA and assistant at RIT Sports Information. She loves wedding blogs, sailing, photography, bright colors, nail polish and a new pair of Sperry Top Siders. She has traveled to Spain, Israel, Italy, Greece, Croatia, Germany and Canada- with Spain and Israel being her favorites outside the U.S. Within the states, Jenna loves Rhode Island (especially the town of Watch Hill); Seattle, Washington; and Dallas, Texas. Although she is from the Garden State, Jenna hates the Jersey shore but does love to fist pump once in a while and hopes to move to Texas after graduation. With three PR internships as well as an advertising one under her belt, Jenna hopes to persue a career in either of these fields... or wedding planning, but she can keep dreaming.