Mike Posner and Far East Movement at RIT

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at RIT chapter.

The crowd was roaring Friday night as Mike Posner and Far East Movement took the stage in the Gordon Field House. Students were yelling and cheering, waving their hands in the air, waiting for that moment when the first artist would emerge from backstage.

“It was exhilarating, it was mind-blowing. I’m just very glad I went. The energy was so insane, it was amazing,” said first-year Briana Kendall. Briana had bought her ticket back in September, fully ready to go the night of the show. She even received an RIT hockey jersey from Mike Posner himself. “Mike Posner gave me his autographed RIT hockey jersey that he wore.  It was the last act of the entire show. He took off his shirt and ran through the crowd and gave it to me.”

Far East Movement also performed at the show. “It was so crazy. Their energy and their songs, it just touched you. You connected with the music so well,” said Kendall.

Briana wasn’t the only one to enjoy the show. Fellow students and community members all got to experience the music from these major hip-hop stars. Some students even got to meet the members at Far East Movement when they made a stop at TC Riley’s in Park Point.

Far East Movement

Mike Posner

Journalism major at RIT. Sister of Zeta Tau Alpha - Iota Psi.
Jenna is an Advertising and Public Relations student at RIT, minoring in Marketing. She is a cupcake lover (although she loves how they look more than they taste), advocate of Breast Cancer education and awareness, sister of ZTA and assistant at RIT Sports Information. She loves wedding blogs, sailing, photography, bright colors, nail polish and a new pair of Sperry Top Siders. She has traveled to Spain, Israel, Italy, Greece, Croatia, Germany and Canada- with Spain and Israel being her favorites outside the U.S. Within the states, Jenna loves Rhode Island (especially the town of Watch Hill); Seattle, Washington; and Dallas, Texas. Although she is from the Garden State, Jenna hates the Jersey shore but does love to fist pump once in a while and hopes to move to Texas after graduation. With three PR internships as well as an advertising one under her belt, Jenna hopes to persue a career in either of these fields... or wedding planning, but she can keep dreaming.