Delta Sigma Pi – Epsilon Lambda Gets Chartered at RIT

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at RIT chapter.

The fraternity of Delta Sigma Pi is one unlike any other. For starters, Delta Sigma Pi is a business fraternity that focuses on the building of relationships and leaders who all have a passion for business. What really makes Delta Sigma Pi different than many other fraternities on campus is that it is a co-ed fraternity. There are forty-five brothers made up of both males and females.
“It all began when Spencer Crawford [chapter President] had a vision – a vision of business, economic, and hospitality majors coming together for something, at that point, he knew nothing about – brotherhood,” second year marketing major  and Vice President of Scholarship and Awards Lauren Brockbank said. “As a freshman, he began monthly meetings at Gracie’s to gather up interest. After approaching some of his classmates as his first two years had gone by, he finally riled up enough interest where Delta Sigma Pi could actually be a “thing”. The rest is history. We’ve grown over ten times the size as Spencer started out with and we keep growing. How could RIT not want something like this? We made them a deal they couldn’t refuse.”
As many fraternities and sororities on campus know, it takes a good amount of time to charter a fraternity or sorority. It is a long and sometimes grueling process, but in the end worth it for the brotherhood or sisterhood. “The charter process was the most exhilarating yet terrifying process I’ve been through,” Brockbank said. “There were surprises and expectations. And finally, there were 40 brothers who came to know the meaning of brotherhood, some with three years of Delta Sigma Pi under their belt, and some with one quarter.” Despite the fact that Delta Sigma Pi is considered to be an academic fraternity, members still get the full Greek experience and the thing that every member of Greek life strives for, a true brotherhood.
“Never have I met a group of people whom I relate to more, not because they are business majors, but because we have the same values. As brothers, we all value professionalism, service, scholarship, and social aspects of life and I don’t know anyone better who can balance all of these as effortlessly as my brothers do. Delta Sigma Pi is what I am most proud of on my resume for good reason and it wouldn’t even matter if it were there at all. Delta Sigma Pi is something I do, not for the recognition, but for my brothers. Always,” Brockbank stated when asked what her favorite part of Delta Sigma Pi is.
While Delta Sigma Pi may have the title of the ‘business fraternity,’ they are more than happy to say that they have numerous different events and community service opportunities planned throughout the rest of this school year and for the years to come too.
Delta Sigma Pi is also currently recruiting new members to join their Greek family. If anyone is interested in joining, check out their website at http://ritdsp.com/

Journalism major at RIT. Sister of Zeta Tau Alpha - Iota Psi.
Jenna is an Advertising and Public Relations student at RIT, minoring in Marketing. She is a cupcake lover (although she loves how they look more than they taste), advocate of Breast Cancer education and awareness, sister of ZTA and assistant at RIT Sports Information. She loves wedding blogs, sailing, photography, bright colors, nail polish and a new pair of Sperry Top Siders. She has traveled to Spain, Israel, Italy, Greece, Croatia, Germany and Canada- with Spain and Israel being her favorites outside the U.S. Within the states, Jenna loves Rhode Island (especially the town of Watch Hill); Seattle, Washington; and Dallas, Texas. Although she is from the Garden State, Jenna hates the Jersey shore but does love to fist pump once in a while and hopes to move to Texas after graduation. With three PR internships as well as an advertising one under her belt, Jenna hopes to persue a career in either of these fields... or wedding planning, but she can keep dreaming.