This Week’s Eye Candy: Justin Esteban

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rider chapter.
He’s taken—but that doesn’t mean we can’t look, right? Read about a time when this cutie was nervous when asking a girl out, what he wants in a girlfriend and much more.

Walk us through what you say on a first date.
My first question to ask on a date would have to relate with her relationship with her family. A strong relationship with her own family is important because family is important to me. Other questions that would be asked are what her goals are in life, what does she look for in a guy—the typical ‘get to know you’ kind of questions. 

Have you ever been afraid to ask a girl out?
I was a nervous wreck when I asked my girlfriend out. I would talk to my friends all the time for advice on what to do and say and how to plan it all out. I was afraid or nervous because I really liked this girl and the thought that maybe she’d say no was nerve racking. However, when you’re nervous to ask someone out, that means you really have feelings for them. When I asked her out, she looked absolutely gorgeous, so beautiful. When I asked her out I was eighteen years old. I’ve always been shy and had high standards for a relationship. She was absolutely stunning and still is. She’s beautiful in every way.

Has a girl ever broken up with you?
A girl has never broken up with me.

Who’s your celebrity crush?
I do not have a celebrity crush *laughs*.

What are the requirements that you wish from a girlfriend?
She has to be smart. I like girls who are reserved, not loud and obnoxious. I also like girls who are down to earth, not so involved with material things. I like girls who are sweet and who have great personalities. I look for someone who would take care of me or help me when I needed it and would always be there to support me. I’m also not a fan of PDA, you don’t need to make out in front of everyone to show them that you’re in love. I like girls that are simple, down to earth, smart, funny, caring, beautiful and she has to be comfortable around me. Now that I’ve listed these things, I would also like you to know that I am currently in a relationship with a wonderful girl. She is absolutely amazing and I would never give her up or trade her for anything. She is my one and only.

So what is your biggest dating deal-breaker?
My biggest dating deal-breaker would have to be poor hygiene. Smoking and other drugs is also a deal-breaker in my book. Also big obnoxious tattoos along with multiple piercings can be a turn-off. 

Who should be the dominant one in a relationship—the guy or girl?
As for the dominance in the relationship, I don’t think there should be one. The guy and girl have to work together to make everything work. I believe that if both parties work together and listen to each other the relationship should be a happy one. 

A New Jersey native, Amber S. Brown is an ambitious communication/journalism student who aspires to have a career in the magazine world. Amber is a well-rounded and committed student who has repeatedly earned herself a spot on the Dean’s list at her university. Her thirst and energy for writing, style, and fitness keeps her one step ahead of everyone else. Driven to bring something fresh and new to the magazine industry, Amber continues to be focused, motivated, and has an unbreakable “anything’s possible” attitude.