This Week’s Best Dressed Diva: Diandra Soto

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rider chapter.
It would be hard for someone to deny Diandra Soto’s beauty. She truly is a total package deal…and what a beautiful package it is. With a great eye for fashion and beautiful face to match, we had to find out her secrets. Here she dishes on where her confidence comes from, her fashion obsessions, and why she says she’d never consider getting cosmetic surgery. 

What is your daily make up routine?
To be honest I don’t like to wear a lot of make-up on an everyday basis. I have almost every single eye shadow, blush color, and brushes a girl could ever want; but for my daily routine I take about 8 minutes or less, just sticking with the basics, concealer for under my eyes, mascara, and some blush. I do enjoy giving my girlfriends make-Overs though! haha 

What’s the single feature people compliment you on the most? 
My skin, which I appreciate very much. When I was younger my mother told my brother and I horror stories about Acne. So from a very young age we would wash our faces every night before bed. As I got older I realized that diet also played a major roll in the over-all appearance to skin; I try to stay away from greasy foods and maintain my daily facial hygiene. 

Do you have anything about your body that you wish you could change? 
I hate this question. I’ll tell you why. With today’s media bombarding young women around the world with what we should look like, and the increasing popularity of plastic surgery, it’s easy to see why there are so many beautiful girls around the world doubting the way they look. The truth is, every single one of us was born perfect, in our own unique and beautiful way. Coming to understand this wasn’t easy, but I truly believe it. So no—there is nothing I would ever change, because I believe we are born with God’s perfectly beautiful vision in mind and we should learn to love it and embrace every curve we were given. 

Do you have any fashion obsessions?
I LOVE to shop. Anyone who knows me knows this. When I see a unique item on display at a reasonable price I just can’t control myself. I have way too many shoes, purses, and clothing with tags still attached hanging in my closet. I mostly love boots. I recently bought a pair of Combat boots in Soho, I’ve gotten a lot of compliments on them, which makes the hit my wallet took well worth it! 

What do you always carry in your purse?
I’m into small bags now. I stick to my Vintage black leather satchel and that little guy solely carries my iPhone, gum, keys, wallet and a shade of lip-gloss. 

What are your wardrobe staples? 
I have a pair of studded dark blue jeans and they are my absolute favorite article of clothing. You can’t beat a pair of well-fitted jeans. And now a days with soo many brands and cuts it’s hard to find a perfect fit. I love those jeans because of the studded details on the pockets. I’m honestly dreading the day I’ll have to give them up.

You seem extremely confident and self-assured, are you?
Thank you, glad you think so! Haha. I’m pretty down to earth, and I try not to take appearances too seriously but I am rather confident in the way I carry myself. I guess my confidence comes from just appreciating and loving myself. You have to believe in yourself and be confident in your every move. It doesn’t matter how you dress or how you look, it’s the feeling of being content in one’s skin.

What does your current wish list consist of?
At the moment there isn’t anything I really want or need. Material things don’t really interest me as much as being with my friends, joking around and just having a good time. But if I had to pick a single thing, I would want a Sparkling Red Fender Acoustic/Electric guitar. My wonderful older brother bought me a beautiful acoustic guitar for Christmas, so there really isn’t a need for more guitars. 

Whose style would you steal if you could? 
Olivia Palermo has an amazing style! If I could, I’d love to raid her closet! She’s a mix of edgy, chic, modern city-style, and she pulls off so many different looks while still maintaining her personal flare. I admire that she isn’t afraid to experiment with different prints and shapes. She also has a cool way of adding edge to any plain outfit with awesomely unique accessories. 

What’s the best beauty advice you’ve ever received?  
My mother once told me a girl’s best accessory is her smile. I took that to heart. It’s safe to say if you see me on campus 9 times out of 10 I’ll have a big smile on my face. And anyone who knows me knows I’m a bit of a goofball, I just love to laugh but especially make people laugh. Life is too long not to enjoy the ride and smile at every opportunity you have to be happy.  

Make sure to check out Diandra on Facebook.

Did we mention that Diandra is an aspiring singer and actress? Check out he YouTube channel as well.
Here’s a sneakpeak of what you’re in store for: