Sweet Eye Candy: Mark Medley

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rider chapter.
A Rider Rookie catches the eyes of many on campus. Who is he? Where is he from? Mr. Mark Medley is a new addition to the Rider family and here he talks about his looks and experiences so you can get to know him a little bit.

Q: We know you love to play sports. Is this how you like to stay fit?
A:Playing sports is a big part of how I stay fit. I play basketball, so I workout 6 days a week. 

Q: That’s intense. What’s a typical regimen for you look like?
A: My usual day consists of workouts in the morning, lifting weights in the afternoon, and I play ball at night. Fitness is very important to me because it shows that you care about your appearance, and you take care of your body. Your body is your temple, so you should treat it that way.

Q: What do you most get complimented on (physically)?
A:I get complimented on my smile and lips the most. I like it because I think they are my best features and any compliment feels good to get. It helps my confidence a little bit. I smile a lot and I tend to lick my lips a lot more now too.

Q: Where would you rank yourself on a scale from one to ten?
A: I would probably rank myself an 8. I would never consider myself a 10 because nobody is perfect. I gave myself an 8 because I believe I have a good personality, I’m a very nice guy, and I’m easy to approach.

Q: Did anyone ever help you figure out how to ask out a girl?
A: Unfortunately no, I’ve never had help. I had to figure it out by myself, and I got rejected by the first girl I asked out. That was a long time ago and I’ve gotten much better with asking girls out over time. But yes, I helped a couple of my friends out. I just tell them to keep it 100 at all times. In other words, be honest and just be their-selves because, at the end of the day, if the girl doesn’t like you for who you are then it will never work.

Q: Your first crush, what drew you to her?
A: I had my first real crush my freshman year in high school. She was a sophomore, and I thought she was gorgeous. She had a beautiful smile and a great personality, that’s what got me. I asked her out to a movie and it went well. I ended up getting a kiss at the end of the night, so I was excited about that. We ended up going out but it didn’t last long.

Q: What was your worst dating experience?
A:My worst dating experience was actually last year. I took this one girl out to a restaurant and she loved to talk. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind a girl that likes to talk but this girl just wouldn’t stop. So, on the date she talked 98% of the time and I would squeeze in a couple of yeses and nos from time to time. It was one part of the date I was telling her something important about myself and she just cut me off and started a new conversation. I can’t stand when someone does that.  So after that, I never went back out with her.

Q: Did you ever have a girl ask you out?
A: I actually never had a girl ask me out. I would love for a girl to do so though because it would be something new to me, and it would show that they are really into me.  I would prefer for her to do it in person but I understand that that can be tough, so I would be happy in any way that the girl would ask me out.

Q: Would you consider yourself to be a romantic?
A: I’m a very romantic guy. I treat women like they should be treated. The most romantic thing I’ve done was two years ago with my girlfriend at the time. She was having problems at home. That Friday night I had the house to myself, so I invited her over. First, I cooked dinner for her and we had a nice candle light dinner. I made her favorite dish and dessert. After dinner we watched her favorite movie, and then we just sat and talked for hours. I think small things like that show how much you like and care about your other half.

How do you let a girl know you like her?
A: The way I let a girl know that I like her is by usually just telling her.  I used to be real shy and would hold back but as I matured I learned that you shouldn’t bite your tongue for anyone. I usually throw signals at her first, and see if she’s feeling me too, then I’ll go up to her and just let her know.

He’s a cutie pie, right? Don’t worry, you can thank us later. In the meantime, feel free to check out his Facebook page.
Or connect with him on Twitter @mmedley14
A New Jersey native, Amber S. Brown is an ambitious communication/journalism student who aspires to have a career in the magazine world. Amber is a well-rounded and committed student who has repeatedly earned herself a spot on the Dean’s list at her university. Her thirst and energy for writing, style, and fitness keeps her one step ahead of everyone else. Driven to bring something fresh and new to the magazine industry, Amber continues to be focused, motivated, and has an unbreakable “anything’s possible” attitude.