This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rider chapter.
It’s less than halfway through winter and less than a fortnight into the semester. With all the snow the Northeast is getting lately with even more winter weather in the forecast this week, another snow day or two are likely for Rider. Depending on if you see it as a Winter Wonderland or a reason to stay inside, there are plenty of ways to make the day memorable.

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow…
If this is your motto, then there are no shortage of options for the day.  Build a snowman, snowwoman or even a snow animal. (There are unconfirmed reports of a snow Pikachu on campus.)  Make snow angels or gather your friends for a snowball fight. Just remember to stay warm with gloves, a hat and scarf. Double points if they look cute with your jacket.

Let it snow?…Let it be spring break already!
If snowy conditions make you want to take cover, take advantage of the time and the quiet. Read a book, catch up on the latest news or gossip online. See what your favorite magazine has posted online. Watch a movie or your favorite show. Host a spa day in your room. Relax away the day until the snow melts or until classes start again, whichever comes first.

Sources:
http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/08648

Jess Scanlon is a senior Journalism & Spanish double major at Rider University. However her real passion is writing.
A New Jersey native, Amber S. Brown is an ambitious communication/journalism student who aspires to have a career in the magazine world. Amber is a well-rounded and committed student who has repeatedly earned herself a spot on the Dean’s list at her university. Her thirst and energy for writing, style, and fitness keeps her one step ahead of everyone else. Driven to bring something fresh and new to the magazine industry, Amber continues to be focused, motivated, and has an unbreakable “anything’s possible” attitude.