Senior-To-Senior

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rider chapter.
This year we came in thinking that we’re at the top of our world. After three long years of toiling for some seniority here, we are finally that top class, only to realize what that really means.

Senior year really is not just another typical year at Rider. It’s the last year, meaning that we have the responsibility of making sure we all graduate in the winter or spring. There’s also that nagging responsibility to be an adult.

While I have always been a fan of the expression “Growing-up is optional”, we are at a stage in our lives where we need to step-up if we expect to succeed.  We all learned in biology that life is based on “survival of the fittest”, meaning those best adapted to their environment are those who survive.  However, our problem is that our environment will be changing.

Even if your plan is graduate school, medical school, law school or any of the numerous post-graduate options available to an undergrad upon finishing a bachelor’s degree, plans must be made first. For example, scheduling to take the GRE, MCAT or LSAT is an important step. Double-check all admissions deadlines.

For those colligates looking to enter the workforce, the importance of an accurate tailored resume is paramount. A single typo on a resume can cost you a job.

Either way, those of us who are seniors have an interesting year ahead.    

Seniors, are you more excited or nervous about plunging into the beginning of the end? Share your thoughts by leaving us a present in the c-notes!
Jess Scanlon is a senior Journalism & Spanish double major at Rider University. However her real passion is writing.