Rampant Obsession: Style, Men’s Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rider chapter.
A friend of mine recently pointed out that I have been neglecting an important part of fashion – men’s fashion. So, Zach Stubing, this post was inspired by you.

Men’s fashion has trends that come and go just like women’s fashion.  And like women’s fashion, men’s fashion has staples, pieces of clothing that every man should have. But for men it’s less about being dressed in the latest clothing and more about looking good in their clothing. It’s all about their style, and style should be important to men. If men knew how much being stylish could affect them, maybe they’d put a little more thought into getting dressed. So let me break it down for you: guy + style = more attractive.  And who doesn’t want to be more attractive? So here are a few basics that every guy should have/get:

• Sneakers – Low-top or high-top doesn’t really matter as long as they can be worn with multiple things in his closet….not just one shirt.
  • Button Down Shirts – They add a tailored look to any outfit.
  • Dark Wash Jeans – That fit well.
  • Khaki Pants – This can be khaki colored jeans. They just make you look pulled together.
  • T-shirt: It can be plain white or black, or have something on it. So long as it’s not something a middle schooler would wear. 
These are just a couple of the style basics for men. There’s more out there that every guy should have. But be sure to tell the guy in your life not to feel overwhelmed. Personal style is the only style a person really needs to have, and it should be an easy enough thing to find. And if it’s not, then that’s why we’re there ladies. Hey, if he does a good job with the whole personal style thing maybe he’ll cross the line between style and swag.