Rampant Obsession: My Quest for the Bottle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rider chapter.
It is the beautiful season of fall; which is my favorite season. One of the things I look forward to with the coming of fall is the colors. Every season the fashion world unites to decide the “it” colors to be worn. I have a deep seated love for dark colors. Fall usually brings a few key dark colors, but it looks like this fall isn’t quite ready to let go of the summer.  

Fire engine red, champagne, burnt orange, fuchsia, and the color of the season: mustard yellow, manage to make the transition from summer to fall. All these colors help to make bright and vibrant patterns. As well as make for interesting sweater and scarf combinations. Luckily for me, and other serious lovers of fall, some darker colors made it on the list. Plum, dark teal, taupe, royal blue, and my personal favorite: bottle green.  

I’m not completely sure what it is about bottle green, but I’ve found myself wanting some piece of the green movement. At first it started with combat boots. I wanted to get a pair of bottle green boots. But I ended up falling for a black pair. Then I moved on to wanting a bottle green bag for school, but again I ended up getting a different color; this time purple. A trip to Forever 21 started with wanting a new shirt and ended with the purchase of a new jacket, once again not in bottle green but royal blue. It seems my quest for something in bottle green has turned into me buying things in every color but bottle green. But it’s ok there’s still hope; I still have to buy a winter coat. *fingers crossed*