Rampant Obsession: I Am A Material Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rider chapter.
As of late I’ve formed a relationship with a clothing line. While this is a budding relationship, I feel it is safe to say I am really falling. “What is the name of this amazing, incredible, inspiring clothing line?” you ask. Why, Material Girl, of course.  It is a new clothing line (a little over a year old) currently only available at Macy’s

Now before I go on to tell you why I decided to get in a relationship with this line, let’s talk a little about the designer.  Lourdes “Lola” Leon is Madonna’s fourteen-year-old daughter.  I know you’re probably thinking, “What does a fourteen year old know about fashion?” But that’s the thing about fashion: its either something you get or something you don’t….and baby girl gets it. What else could be expected from the daughter of a fashion icon? It’s in her blood.

On to why the line is so crush worthy. It’s everything I’m currently into; girly meets edge and rock ‘n’ roll. Two important questions I ask myself before I buy: what are the different ways can I wear this, and is it comfortable? Every t-shirt, pair of jeans, and pair of shoes has to give me options on top of options and it has to be something that I can just throw on and I know I’ll be comfortable in all day. That’s what I like about the Material Girl line. From the shirts that put a whole new spin on the “basic t-shirt” with their outrageously perfect embellishments to the bold vests, it’s all good stuff. But what really have me falling are the über cute dresses; with their eye-catching patterns and interesting hems, you’ll definitely feel fabulous in them. The pieces are workable, comfortable, and to top of it all, they’re affordable. To be fair, I should say that the hems are short, a good deal of the dresses are tight, and there is a lot of black, but personally all those things are partly why I’m falling, not yet fallen, in love with the line. If this review peaked your interest in the least, or even if it didn’t, check it out for yourself.