This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rider chapter.
For those unfamiliar with 19-year-old Tiffany Evans, the huge voice that took home the Grand Champion title on the former show Star Search in 2003, should ring a bell. Bronx, NY native Tiffany Evans made her debut in the entertainment industry at only 9 years old; coming from a family of 9 siblings, and living out of their van for years before her discovery. In very little time her performance on Live at the Apollo and Star Search led to a future record deal with Columbia Records.

Well-known singles released by Evans in the past include “Let Me Be Your Angel”, “Promise Ring” which featured Ciara, and “I’m Grown” featuring Bow Wow. Her amazing vocal ability is what indeed drew fans to love her, but as Evans matured right before our eyes, it was obvious her talents exceeded beyond singing.

After taking a couple of years away from the scene, all the while remaining in contact with her fans via YouTube, Ms. Evans has graced the media with her presence again. Taking on the titles of singer, dancer, and now businesswoman, Evans has branched off on her own. In 2010 she resigned from Columbia Records and Music World Entertainment, and recently launched Little Lady Entertainment in 2011.

In November 2011, Evans released the music video for her catchy new single “Won’t Find Me.” Evans has always referred to the late Aaliyah as one of her greatest influences, who a bit of can undoubtedly be seen in her talents.

Some can agree that many talents aren’t given the recognition they deserve in the industry, but Tiffany Evans remains faithful to what she loves and being a voice for young aspiring females to follow their dreams. Motivation, dedication, and hard work can go a long way.

A New Jersey native, Amber S. Brown is an ambitious communication/journalism student who aspires to have a career in the magazine world. Amber is a well-rounded and committed student who has repeatedly earned herself a spot on the Dean’s list at her university. Her thirst and energy for writing, style, and fitness keeps her one step ahead of everyone else. Driven to bring something fresh and new to the magazine industry, Amber continues to be focused, motivated, and has an unbreakable “anything’s possible” attitude.