Magnetic Matt Perrella

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rider chapter.

He ranks himself a nine out of ten because he acknowledges that there’s always room for improvement, he does around 400 pushups and sit-ups daily, and ladies, get this: he has a GPA to match that smile. Matt Perrella is a cutie with a naturally charming magnetismand unapologetic confidence. With all this and more, he’s nearly perfect, right? Read to find out how this athlete keeps his body in tip-top shape, how he feels about being approached, and the area he’s trying to improve the most.

Let’s dive straight in. Rank yourself from one to ten.
I would have to give myself a 9. Clean cut, athletic, friendly, outgoing, good grades, down to earth, sincere what else can you ask for. I would have liked to given myself a 10 but you always have to leave room for improvement. I have definitely made mistakes in life and am still learning to improve myself, I think it’s important to always demand to be better.

So about that body. We know you love to play Soccer. Is that primarily how you stay cut and ripped?
Soccer is a big part of my life, and a big part of my fitness plan. I get all my cardio through practices and running afterwards. As far as real workouts are concerned some people choose just to workout upper body, however I rather be proportional and fit everywhere than someone with cut arms and a beer belly. I also include around 400 pushups and sit-ups a day, they may seem trivial to some guys but the results are good, trust me.

What do you get complimented to the most?
That’s a tough one, [laughs]. But it really depends, all women have preferences, that’s why I choose to workout the way I do. Some women like a fit core, I’m all over it, some women like a man with a strong back, got that too, some women like a guy with toned legs. Pick your poison.

Your first crush, what drew you to her?
I was introduced to my first real crush in middle school and she had me hooked on her from day one. She just had swag, all the right moves, her body was perfect and her personality was outgoing and fun, she knew exactly how to carry herself and acted independent and was straightforward. We dated on and off throughout high school but ultimately our distance was too much.

Had a really bad dating situation?
I went on a date where the girl wouldn’t let me leave. Literally. I said that I had to go and she sat next to me and said I couldn’t go anywhere yet. It was a serious issue, straight clinger and if women don’t think that’s an issue you probably are one!

Who taught you how to approach girls?
When I was younger I would watch my older brothers approach women and see what worked and what miserably failed. Fortunately for me I have been able to learn from them how exactly to approach and treat women but no answer is every complete or 100% true, there are always ways to improve and gain more confidence from.

So let’s flip it. Have you ever had a girl ask you out?
I have, and I thought it was fairly strange. I like the thrill of chasing after a girl, not to the point where it becomes annoying and she’s acting like a tease but a girl who plays a bit hard to get is even sexier for it. I’m not against it at all though, I think that would be pretty bold and I would probably consider it more and respect that girl for it regardless of what my answer would be.

How do you let a girl know you like her?
This one can be tough, you don’t want to say too much, but if you don’t say enough you’re going to lose out on your opportunity with someone that you may really like. That’s why I use body language as my main way of communication, whether women admit it or not you can read by their body if they’re feeling you or not. Just have to pay attention to the signs and when you finally go in to speak, be confident.

Would you consider yourself to be romantic?
This is one thing I’m working on. The ideas are all there I typically just don’t follow though with the plans. The one really romantic thing I had set up didn’t end up happening due to some things going on in life but here’s what was going on, so I had bought tickets for a dinner cruise where I rented out the top deck for an hour to have dinner just for us and I had the singer and guitarist from the band on deck that were going to play the song we both loved and had specifically gone to a concert for to hear. Unfortunately this didn’t happen though so I’m going to have to save that for the next special girl in my life.

Great note to end on, wouldn’t you say ladies? You can connect with Matt on his Facebook page and support him along with the Rider Men’s Soccer team. Oh yeah, and FYI this cutie is currently on the market.

A New Jersey native, Amber S. Brown is an ambitious communication/journalism student who aspires to have a career in the magazine world. Amber is a well-rounded and committed student who has repeatedly earned herself a spot on the Dean’s list at her university. Her thirst and energy for writing, style, and fitness keeps her one step ahead of everyone else. Driven to bring something fresh and new to the magazine industry, Amber continues to be focused, motivated, and has an unbreakable “anything’s possible” attitude.