‘How-To-Dealer’ Brittany A. Long

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rider chapter.
Meet Brittany Long, one of Her Campus™ Rider’s own staff writers. Here, the busy English major takes time out her busy schedule to talk to us about why she joined the Her Campus™ Rider team and how she manages her time. 

Q: What made you want to get involved in Her Campus™ Rider?
A: I was looking for an outlet that would allow me to explore what style of writing I like. Her Campus™ Rider was my way to do this. They provided me with a way to give advice and write about things that bother or trouble me. 

Q: You write the How To Deal section every week. Would you consider yourself a person who always gives good advice?
A: I can’t say that I always give 100% great advice because no one is perfect. However, I think that I try to give the best advice I possibly can. My friends say that I give good advice. I’m always there to listen and love giving advice.

Q: Your section of the “Her Campus™ News” continuously gets some of the most reads. What’s your secret?
A: I honestly didn’t know that my section gets some of the most reads. I’m surprised and honored that people would be loyal to my articles. I guess my secret would be to write about things I think trouble and matter to other people. I usually brainstorm about what bothers me or recent events that I really want to talk about. 
Q:Is it hard to balance this with your course load and social life?
A: Sometimes it gets hard to balance everything else in my life, but I think of writing these articles as a break from homework. I love giving people advice and this is definitely a great way to do it. Some weeks are harder than others to write but I always make sure I don’t rush my writing and do the best I can.
Q: Do you see yourself with a future that involves writing of any sort? 
A: I definitely see my self writing in the future. I love reading and writing! I’m not sure whether I want to go into publishing or teaching but either way I plan to write. I plan to go to graduate school after I receive my undergrad and by the time I finish that I’ll have figured out where I’m going. I prefer to go wherever life takes me. 
Q: What’s the most rewarding part of being involved with Her Campus™ Rider?
A: The most rewarding thing is knowing that people are reading my articles. I’ve never had as great of a response as I’ve had after  joining Her Campus Rider. They are a great group of people and are an awesome team to work with. 
Q: You’re going to be transferring next semester, what are you going to miss about being a staff writer for Her Campus™ Rider? 
A: I’m going to miss getting the feedback that I do from both the team and the readers. I love being a part of something that has such a great message. Her Campus Rider gives women in college a way to get advice or learn new things.
Connect with Brittany on Facebook.
A New Jersey native, Amber S. Brown is an ambitious communication/journalism student who aspires to have a career in the magazine world. Amber is a well-rounded and committed student who has repeatedly earned herself a spot on the Dean’s list at her university. Her thirst and energy for writing, style, and fitness keeps her one step ahead of everyone else. Driven to bring something fresh and new to the magazine industry, Amber continues to be focused, motivated, and has an unbreakable “anything’s possible” attitude.