5 Skincare Products for Sensitive Skin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Richmond chapter.

Dealing with acne-prone, sensitive skin can be a challenge, especially when skin care products irritate your sensitive skin and cause more breakouts! I’ve struggled with this problem since middle school until I changed my skincare routine to all natural or gentle products that don’t irritate my sensitive skin. If you have combination skin and traditional acne products tend to break you out even more, here are my recommendations for you:

1. Olay Facial Brush

This brush is a skincare essential! It works in two speeds, and the slower of the two is a perfect way to gently exfoliate sensitive skin. It also cleanses your skin deep enough to remove all of your face makeup. You can use this brush morning and night to quickly cleanse all of the dirt, makeup, and oil off of your face.

2. Simple Micellar Water

Micellar water is another product that’s great for people with sensitive skin. It helps to remove makeup and is easier on the skin than tap water. It can even be used to remove eye makeup, so you don’t have to worry about it irritating your eyes as you remove eyeliner, eyeshadow, and mascara.

3. Dr.Bronner’s Castille Soap

This is the product that I believe has made the greatest difference for my sensitive skin and clearing up my acne! It’s made from all natural ingredients and is very gentle on the face, as long as it is diluted properly. This can also be used as a makeup remover for the entire face besides the eye area.  

4. Rose Water Witch Hazel

People have been using witch hazel as a natural face toner for years, and now I understand why! Witch hazel is an excellent toner for sensitive skin and has helped to fade dark spots on my face without causing any irritation. I apply witch hazel to my face while it’s still wet to dilute the product.  

5. Shea Butter

Shea butter is my all time favorite facial moisturizer! It’s a natural oil known to heal inflammation and blemishes on the face. The best thing about this product is that a little goes a long way in keeping your face moisturized! It can also be used to help remove stubborn waterproof makeup.

Bri Park

Richmond