Where to Volunteer Your Time This Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rice chapter.

Give back to your fellow Houstonians.

Houston Food Bank

Link to volunteer page

Sort food, assist with meal prep, stock the Emergency Food Pantry and other miscellaneous tasks as need be.

The Montrose Center

Link to volunteer page

Provide clerical assistance, facilitate various programs, fundraise, assemble education materials and “condom packs.”

Houston Area Women’s Center

Link to volunteer page

Answer Crisis Hotline calls, help with annual special events, assist at the Residential Shelter, organize donation drives.

Clinic Access Support Network

Link to volunteer page

Drive women to and from abortion appointments.

Interfaith Ministries for Greater Houston

Link to volunteer page

Assist with Meals on Wheels or aniMeals on Wheels, participate in Chore Corps, become a refugee services volunteer.

Ellie is a Political Science and Policy Studies double major at Rice University, with a minor in Politics, Law and Social Thought. She spent the spring of 2017 studying/interning in London, and hopes to return to England for grad school. Academically, Ellie's passion lies in evaluating policies that further the causes of gender equality, LGBT rights, and access to satisfactory healthcare, specifically as it pertains to women's health and mental health. She also loves feminist memoirs, eighteenth-century history, old bookstores, and new places. She's continuously inspired by the many strong females in her life, and is an unequivocal proponent of women supporting women.