“Skins” Episodes for Every Mood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Rice chapter.

Inspired by this meme, we decided to put together a mood-based reference guide to Skins episodes, so you can be sure your Netflix binge complements your present emotional state. For those who don’t know, Skins is a British teen drama that follows three iterations of Bristol teenagers as they navigate the two years of sixth form (roughly the equivalent of eleventh and twelfth grade here in the States). Unlike pretty much every American teen drama on the market, Skins features actors and actresses who are actually the ages of the characters they play—acne, awkwardness and all. Beautifully shot and poignantly written, Skins will make you nostalgic for a high school experience you probably never had.

For when you want to laugh:

• S1 E6 “Maxxie and Anwar”
  • S3 E1 “Everyone”
  • S3 E4 “Pandora”

For when you need to cry:

• S2 E9 “Cassie”
  • S6 E2 “Rich”
  • S7 E2 “Fire (Part 2)”

For when you’re feeling scared about what the future holds:

• S2 E10 “Final Goodbyes”
  • S3 E6 “Naomi”
  • S5 E8 “Everyone”

For when you’re looking for a healthy dose of girl power:

• S1 E3 “Jal”
  • S2 E7 “Effy”
  • S6 E9 “Franky and Mini”

For when college just seems like too much, and you long for the ~simpler~ days of high school:

• S1 E1 “Tony”
  • S2 E5 “Chris”
  • S4 E6 “JJ”

All seven volumes of Skins are available on Netflix.

Image Source: Carmen Valino/PA​

Ellie is a Political Science and Policy Studies double major at Rice University, with a minor in Politics, Law and Social Thought. She spent the spring of 2017 studying/interning in London, and hopes to return to England for grad school. Academically, Ellie's passion lies in evaluating policies that further the causes of gender equality, LGBT rights, and access to satisfactory healthcare, specifically as it pertains to women's health and mental health. She also loves feminist memoirs, eighteenth-century history, old bookstores, and new places. She's continuously inspired by the many strong females in her life, and is an unequivocal proponent of women supporting women.